Craft Mates, Counter Storage System

Tips & Hints on Wargaming

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Craft Mates, Counter Storage System

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Craft Mates snap storage systems n usually used by beaders, are an excellent storage system for the counters...such as what i use for my Lock 'N Load: White Star Rising game, and Panzer Grenadier currently....

It's a Craft Mates storage system, which I purchased from the beading section of Michael's Craft Store. I've bought about a dozen of them over time, using 40% off coupons you find in the Sunday paper almost every week. The retail price is about $12 USD, which means I got these for about $8 bucks a pop!

They are made with a durable cloth-like cover that secuerly snaps in place with to closures, and has a plastic clear acrylic sleeve on the spine with white cardstock for labelling. The cover opens to reveal a clear acylic pocket on the right which holds four long storage units with 7 containers each. These containers each have a lid which snaps down, and releases by use of a trigger bar on the front-left side (think f it as unlocking a row of prison cell doors! :shock: ).

On the left side, which is the inner side of the cover, is a clear plastic sleeve, which is great for keeping notes....

The following picture shows the storage unit holding the American forces to the game.....

These in long storage units are great, since you can actually switch them out for other units as needed, if you have a game system with a lot of counters. This comes in very handy for transporting specific units to a game site.

I love this storage system....I use them for my Avalanche Press Panzer Grenadier, Lock 'N Load: Band of Brothers, and Advanced Squad Leader games. Where these really shine are for games where you have modules that come in bags....like Lock 'N Load's "Swift and Bold", and "Not One Step Back".
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

whytwolf

Re: White Star Rising, Counter Storage System

Postby whytwolf » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Hmmmmm......just ordered the game, so I might have to look for one of these.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: White Star Rising, Counter Storage System

Postby Whiterook » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 pm

These things are great....you can find them in the beading section. I love how you can switch out the the storage bars. Check the Sunday paper for a coupon for 40% off!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Craft Mates, Counter Storage System

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:48 pm

....re-directed conversation on conserving storage space (from another board)....

That's one of the reasons I love these little storage systems. The plastic bins are in strips, with easy open lid triggers; pack up on bookshelves neatly; are swappable for traveling or cons; easily label-able with even the cheapest Dymo label maker (or similar)....and the best part is for those large systems like Squad Leader, ASL, Panzer Grenadier, etc., as you can easily get to large amounts of counters.

Return to “Drill Instructor”