4ground Medieval terrain

1096-1499 (Crusades, Hundred Years' Road, War of the Roses, etc.)

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

4ground Medieval terrain

Postby Frank » Fri May 08, 2015 2:37 pm

I have just spent the last few nights putting together some of the incredible buildings that 4Ground have bought out for their Mordanburg range that is basically aimed at the medieval fantasy range of games like GW`s Mordheim, which we just happen to have dusted off again and are really enjoying. We picked up a couple of the ww2 buildings as well,

http://www.4ground.co.uk/default.aspx?page=340

As usual with 4ground these have fantastic detail and coming ready painted you just cant go wrong. Some of the parts are quite fragile and you have to be careful getting them off the sprue, (do you still say sprue when it is laser cut mdf?) but the buildings are really solid when assembled.

We went for the damaged highstreet house 1, the damaged house set 1 and the dockside dwellings triple pack. We are going to be doing some Napoleonics in 28mm later this year and they will fit in fine for this also some of the older areas of world war 2. With each floor being separate you also are able to leave out the very narrow bottom floor to make them a bit more up to date.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 4ground Medieval terrain

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Ooops...the linky seems to have expired.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:02 am

I just got the 4ground 28mm Stage Coach; it's very intricate.

"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Whiterook wrote:Ooops...the linky seems to have expired.

They look to have changed things round a bit,the new link to the medieval stuff is:

http://www.4ground.co.uk/city-of-mordanburg

The main site is at:

http://4ground.co.uk/index.php
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Oh, Hot Hell.....that stage coach looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Whiterook wrote:Oh, Hot Hell.....that stage coach looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's a Honey, pre-colored, with many tiny pieces. plus magnets. I only wanted a Stagecoach for scenery, The Warstore sells this model fully kitted out with horses, passengers, a driver and a guard for thirty-five bucks.

http://www.thewarstore.com/product93178.html
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 pm

They are expensive but they are beautiful, and not to bad to put together if you read the instructions carefully.
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:32 am

Frank wrote:They are expensive but they are beautiful, and not to bad to put together if you read the instructions carefully.

I might choose to sit in my Wife's studio and assemble my coaches... time is never in quantity....

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:58 pm

One of our club members knew a guy who had bought some of these buildings and for whatever reason was selling them cheap, so we bought them. A few of us took some home to make up and I took a simple one and a 3 story quite complicated one. I did the simple one up to get a bit of practice before I started the complicated one, finally getting round to that this afternoon.

I laid out all my stuff ready and had just put the ground floor together when, it seemed, almost in slow motion I saw my cat about to jump onto the pile of sprues I had stacked out of the way. :shock: He jumped, again in slow motion, and landed on top where they started to slide, he started running on the spot to stay where he was and it was almost like in the cartoons, sheets of MDF going everywhere. :shock: . Pretty much every piece came off the sprue, none were damaged, but it was still a hell of a mess which I just had to bag up and I am now going to have to be VERY carefull assembling the rest. The roof is going to be a nightmare, as it has dormer windows that are made up of, from side to side, a piece of roof, a side to the window, a top and front to the window, a side to the window and finally another section of roof. That has to be put above another section of roof and held together while the glue starts to set. :cry:
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Medieval Era”