Sails of Glory

1500-1815 (English Civil War, American Revolutionary War, French Revolutionary War, Napoleonic War, etc.)

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sails of Glory

Postby Frank » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

The kickstarter for this has finally kicked in and our club members now own about five boxes of this between them.

I have not played it yet but have had a look as I have been doing something else and it does look really good.
The box comes with four ready to use ships, and all the usual stuff that anyone familiar with Wings of War will know well. Slightly more complex than W O W with the movement cards having three different paths to use depending on which way the wind is blowing, if the wind is with you then you can travel further than going against the wind. You take damage on hull and crew with this one and have both marked on your control board. Different ammunition choices give different damage amounts.

It certainly does look a lot like W O W, if you enjoyed that then you should like this.

http://www.aresgames.eu/games/sails-of-glory-line
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sails of Glory

Postby Whiterook » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:15 pm

I gotta say, this looks amazing! Reminds me of a game from my younger days, which I think was an American Heritage game? ...much smaller pieces and no where as complex as this one seems to be. I would very much love to see some pics when your members get them, as well as perhaps a review or ARR.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Pike & Shot”