Fistfull of Lead Town

1816-1904 (American Civil War, Spanish-American War, etc.)

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fistfull of Lead Town

Postby Whiterook » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm

These are pictures of a town built by David Grubman for his Fistfull of Lead game. For a more complete description of the game, see his thread on Lead Adventure Forum http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=34974.0

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

My faorite piece is the saloon....amazing detail. What I like best about these buildings is, the use of the popsicle sticks relly speak to rough-built structures to me. I think it captures the rough and tumble construction methos reflected in the Old West. With paint and weathering, these are gonna look DYNAMITE!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fistfull of Lead Town

Postby Whiterook » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Here's a few pics of how he constructed them:

This is the Doctor's building....

8.jpg

He drafted out the plan.....

9.jpg

He cutout some cardboard as the base and then smeared on some glue, after which went on the popsicle sticks.....

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Then gluing the syructure together.....

16.jpg

This is cool stuff!

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:20 am

Great looking town!! Not sure if the popsicle sticks are a bit over sized though, possibly Subway stirring sticks might be better. We have a similar town at our club and used it for a game of Zombies and Cowboys this hallow`een. Played on one of the felt Hotzmat`s it looked really spectacular. There is a bat Rep and flickr stream on the front page of our website

http://warwickshiregamers.org.uk

titled Trouble at Vulture Creek
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:00 am

Frank wrote:Great looking town!! Not sure if the popsicle sticks are a bit over sized though, possibly Subway stirring sticks might be better. We have a similar town at our club and used it for a game of Zombies and Cowboys this hallow`een. Played on one of the felt Hotzmat`s it looked really spectacular. There is a bat Rep and flickr stream on the front page of our website

http://warwickshiregamers.org.uk

titled Trouble at Vulture Creek

Cool stuff that too! I can't believe how big the zombie and vampire market is, LOL!

I was thinking the same thing on the size of the popsicle sticks. I would have used the wooden stirring sticks you find at coffee shops here in the States, as they are more to scale; but that said, I think he captured the rough-hewned look typical of the era quite nicely....and the construction in its very simplicity is superb.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:21 am

Popsicle sticks..... why didn't I think of that?... blends rustic, folksy, nostalgia and toyish themes all together.... these look great nekkid, but I can visualize them painted.... The fact that everthing is made from popsicle sticks ties everything together quite well....
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Return to “Age of Rifles”