Blackwater Gulch: Gangfights in the Wild West

1816-1904 (American Civil War, Spanish-American War, etc.)

Moderator: Frizzenspark

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blackwater Gulch: Gangfights in the Wild West

Postby 50th » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:21 pm

Did I ever show you these photos from one of the conventions I attended last year?

It was a good game with cool miniatures (I got my hat handed to me!)

I was part of the bandito's and lost all my band of guys in a gunfight around the train.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:47 am

Great layout and pictures :D , I think we all grew up on westerns on the tv and games like this bring out the big kid in us.

Thanks for posting.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

GangfightGames

Postby GangfightGames » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Those pictures look great! I love seeing big towns like that, I wish I had that kind of room at my place.. best I can fit is a 3x3 table with a tight squeeze. Some day when I'm able to start doing conventions for real I hope to be able to set up big tables like that. How did you do the roads? Are they homemade or can you buy them somewhere?

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 pm

I think they were painted canvass. It was a good game with many figures.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:18 am

I have lots of work to do on my layout; The buildings are fun to assemble and paint, so I find it to be relaxing.

Yesterday, my new fill-in guy showed up for his first day of work; if he works out, I should have no problems making it to Origins. I've been working six days a week straight since befor Christmas, I'll have a little more time to put into the hobby..
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:31 pm

They definitely look homemade. We have some good terrain making links on here if you wanted to have a go, possibly the best is

http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/models/models.html

It is the Making Scenery link at the top.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:12 pm

There are quite a number of companies that make these laser-cut buildings and accessories; they vary in price and quality. I've always been a bit of a penny-pincher, so I would typically avoid such extravagences. The technology and the talent is far better these days, making quality products at great prices.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:36 pm

The folks at Gangfight games have a downloadable update of their rules, with fantasy and Sci/Fi additions:

http://skirmishgames.com/download/59/

I have been slowly making progress on my own Gulch, which I'll have to scribble on in time.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 am

I am still trying desperately to not jump into this system. The fact that no one around me plays this is about the only thing saving me!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:06 am

Whiterook wrote:I am still trying desperately to not jump into this system. The fact that no one around me plays this is about the only thing saving me!

The system is simple and can serve a lure to bring others into other games...

Speaking of lures.... thirty bucks is a small price to pay; :evil: The rules are available as a free download. Naturally you can stop there and have no further investment.... :twisted:

I only buy more items because I want to, not because I have to... :roll:

I just received the 4Ground 28mm Stagecoach in the mail. There are 41 steps to assembly, with pre-coloured parts. I am drooling just looking at it......

Return to “Age of Rifles”