Blackwater Gulch: Gangfights in the Wild West

1816-1904 (American Civil War, Spanish-American War, etc.)

Moderator: Frizzenspark

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blackwater Gulch: Gangfights in the Wild West

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 pm

I'll have to do a write-up, the manufacturer wanted some input as well..... the Missus is hard to kick off the computer. I'm eventually planning a 4'x4' board which will include the boat, several buildings, and a touch of wild-west wilderness.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:33 pm

That sounds really good, I`ll be watching this with interest.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm off today for Columbus Day; stopped in at Menard's and picked up a 4'x 4' sheet of some wood-like material after dropping off the Missus (she has to work today). I placed it over a "found" 4'x4' frame that somebody tossed out. (it pays to be a Mailman, sometimes). Test fitted some of my collection (as well as some "ghost" items to give me a feel for what I can assemble. The Riverboat will occupy a substantial portion of the board.
ImageImageImage
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Very nice! Love the riverboat!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:19 pm

This is starting to look good.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Blackwater Gulch is on a slight hiatus; I have until Christmas to complete my son's Bolt Action American Paratroopers, but being a Mailman delivering the adverts prior to black Friday has brought me home a little later in the evenings.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:26 pm

I don`t know how much you want to spend on this but 4ground have added some very nice pieces to their western range.

http://www.4ground.co.uk/american-legen ... -mans-hand
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:35 am

I finally purchased the updated rulebook as well as the updated cards that go with the game. Much of which is "print on demand" The results are good enough for government work ;). I'll eventually have to delve into the fantastical beast portion of the game, but I have purchased ALL of the "Infamous Gangs" pseudo-traditional Western Miniatures.

I purchased a Train Station and found some inexpensive wooden "Dog Houses" that can be converted into residential units for the "back row" of my layout. I should have my Son's C
"Christmas Present" of a BA army to him this Easter. :oops:

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Have I mentioned how much I love this thread!!!! Bravo!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:56 am

I will be delving back into this very shortly.... I have to finish my Son's Easter present which was intended as a Christmas present.... Life has not yet returned to normal since Christmas.

I have tried to entice the creator of this game to come to Origins in Columbus.... He's an "Average Joe" just like us and has to balance vacation and budget.

For about thirty bucks to get into, it is bargain to get into; the boxed sets are fifteen bucks apiece, the older, "Classic" rules are ten, though the new rules are also a free download or twenty-five for printed hard copy.

As with all games, once in you have to get more.. I'm now addicted to Laser-Cut Buildings; each of the Western "Gangs" has appeal. There are also the individual pseudo-parody miniatures that are a blast.

Return to “Age of Rifles”