Why No Korean War Coverage?

1946-1988 (Korea & Vietnam)

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why No Korean War Coverage?

Postby Whiterook » Fri May 13, 2016 9:33 pm

I was thinking about why I haven't seen any miniatures or miniature gaming systems devoted to the Korean War?

There may be some miniatures out there that I don't know about; and you could likely convert systems to game it, but it's just not a topic I've run across on forums or at conventions. I've never seen a diorama and game setup at major and minor conventions.

I guess one part of it may be because of the way that war was primarily fought most notably in mountainous terrain, which is hard to replicate on a dio....but that is a stretch. To me, it seems you jump from WWII straight into Vietnam in most systems....miniature or board. But considering a lot of the weaponry from WWIII was used, or JUST improved upon by the Korean War. You'd think it'd be a popular extension from WII gaming.

Or....maybe I just haveen't been exposed to systems already out there and being played in the miniatures gaming society :?
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Duncan

Re: Why No Korean War Coverage?

Postby Duncan » Sun May 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Korean War is close enough to WWII that you could simply write scenarios from other systems for it. Do you think?

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed May 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Duncan wrote:Korean War is close enough to WWII that you could simply write scenarios from other systems for it. Do you think?

OMG, this is funny, in that I just wrote a thread on this over in the Bunker :D What I was saying there is I see this as totally doable; but the hard part would be the Koreans ....maybe ASL would be the best option, with a minor country...or perhaps Japanese or Chinese, with artistic license.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 am

ASL has a Korean War module on pre-order. Too bad the $95USD turns into $180CAD after exchange and shipping.
C21 is a miniatures air game. I works well for Korean War. We use it for the Cuban Missile Crisis gone hot.

Return to “Cold War Era”