Battlefield Evolution

1989-Present (Post Vietnam)

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Battlefield Evolution

Postby Whiterook » Wed May 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Scott may be surprised to hear this from me but, I've been wanting to play Modern Combat miniatures for some time now :D

I have a pretty healthy OOB of Battlefield Evolution infantry, tanks, and vehicles. What's held me up is (1) terrain, and (2) space to set up, as these are 28mm!

I am looking forward to it though. One of my projects this Summer is clearing out my detached shed, studio, and converting it into a secondary game room! There's a pool table out there now, which could easily handle a full sized diorama!!!!!!!! ...this would also house my Stargate SG1 miniatures game, of which the Rangers in BFEvo serve as SGC troops!

some BFEvo shots for you......

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.38 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Re: Battlefield Evolution

Postby josta59 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:21 pm

A second game room? Now that's commitment!

I know it would be quite the project for you, but I'd love to play a forum game using real miniatures, like the FoW game that was happening here years ago. I always thought that looked fun.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:12 am

josta59 wrote:A second game room? Now that's commitment!

Thanks! :lol: :D My current 'Game Room' is my basement Man Cave, where I have a large shelving wall unit with mostly bookcase-sized games (Avalon Hill, MMP, Avalanche Press, Lock 'N Load, etc.); and a large art table/drafting desk (beautiful old school wooden job from Vietnam) that is great for setting up games and keeping the Little General (my cat) off!

There's no room to set up a miniatures diorama, however. Years ago, I had an Axis & Allies Miniatures game setup.... 5' X 8' .....it was up for the better part of a year, playing out a game on WWIIZone. That one pushed my wifes' patience a bit too far :lol: :shock:

Setting up Wargame dios in the shed would be a cinch! The problem is, it's a wreck at the moment. Too many entry points for critters; falling batting from the ceiling, filled with mouse poop/pee; and the l;sat bastion for storage of stuff that most likely needs to go.

The plan is still on for the next couple months.

The plus on one past project is, my wife wanted the raised washer/dryer relocated to the floor, as it was just too precarious as it was setup by the previous owner. The edging was pretty sloppy, andd the main decking not supported well. When I took it apart, I was left with some nice MDF leftovers, including the main decking, which is pretty large.....I'm cleaning it up and plan to use it as the base for the dios.

josta59 wrote:I know it would be quite the project for you, but I'd love to play a forum game using real miniatures, like the FoW game that was happening here years ago. I always thought that looked fun.

If things go as planned, I should have a game setup by Fall.

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:14 pm

As we are moving next month, into a more handicap accessible apartment (no more stairs and no more man cave in the basement!!!) My game area will be the spare bedroom that the game table will share with the two computer desks and some bookshelves. The good news is, no more musty basement (which wasn't good for my asthma anyway!). Also being on one floor, if I need to take a break, not as far to the fridge and bathroom! I hate moving, but it will be great once we get moved.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:07 pm

50th wrote:As we are moving next month, into a more handicap accessible apartment (no more stairs and no more man cave in the basement!!!) My game area will be the spare bedroom that the game table will share with the two computer desks and some bookshelves. The good news is, no more musty basement (which wasn't good for my asthma anyway!). Also being on one floor, if I need to take a break, not as far to the fridge and bathroom! I hate moving, but it will be great once we get moved.

Both glad and sorry to hear the news.... sorry because I know what an upheaval a move always is, but generally it's always been for the positive more ways than not, thank goodness. I wish you much luck and happiness in your new digs. Good to hear you'll have some gaming space....where there's a will, there's a way.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Good luck with the move, it is never fun but it does sound like it will be an improvement.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting settled in!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Modern & War on Terror Era”