New American football rules for miniatures

Project Development Area for Member-designed Wargames & Components

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

josta59

New American football rules for miniatures

Postby josta59 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Hey guys, this isn't exactly a wargame but I'm finding it just as fun. I found someone else's football rules, but it was just a dice game--not much fun. So I added concepts from the old Football Strategy board game and came up with something totally new. It fits on two pages and includes rules for solo play. I've been playtesting it today, and I love it.

I'd love any feedback.

American football miniatures rules.docx
(33.19 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

[Note: I've been updating the file with revisions periodically, so make sure you have the latest and best!]
Last edited by josta59 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: New American football rules for miniatures

Postby josta59 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Actually I shouldn't have said these rules are for miniatures. It's really a board game. You could add miniatures, but they'd be pointless unless you're taking pictures.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New American football rules for miniatures

Postby Whiterook » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Sorry I'm just getting to this now, and I'm shocked no one has stepped into the fray to talk about this...well, our American members, anyway. It's a fascinating project.

My first impression is, I really like what you've done in adapting what had a foundation as strictly a dice game, and expanding upon it. As I scanned through the rules, I believe you have a solid premise to expand upon, even more than you have.

I can see this is playable...but to be brutally honest, to be interested in playing this myself, I'd want the eye-candy :D

...first of all, this needs a football field! Even a printable 11" X 17" field might do it. Counters would be pretty easy (and for those that just have to have miniatures, see if they can score an old electronic buzzy board bumpy-bump game at a flea market!).

...Second of all....you need some swanky cards for those decision making processes. I man...WOW!

Yeah, I know...you may just be looking to present a quickie type game here, but this sucker has potential!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Proving Grounds”