Project Development Area for Member-designed Wargames & Components

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stargate SG1 Miniatures Game Fast Play Rules

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks! :D

Yeah, absolutely use to yiur hearts content. It is geared to present day Special Ops. It's limited in weaponry, only because what the teams and aliens use are uber-tech weaponry; but even the Earthers rifles are specked at Delta or SEAL level.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Is there a DRM for firing without moving, like in FUBAR? And does going to ground increase your cover?

Combat seems different, more geared to the individual soldiers rather than the fireteams as far as damage taken. I kind of like that.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 pm

josta59 wrote:Is there a DRM for firing without moving, like in FUBAR?

No....something in my gut says whether they are walking or standing still/gone to ground, their fire accuracy would be so close it'd be negligible. It seems to me that drm for stationary fire is a bit over-rated by designers.

josta59 wrote:And does going to ground increase your cover?

THAT is an EXCELLENT point. I amended the rules to give a +1drm for units gone to ground, as it makes sense they'd be harder to hit, as well as increased accuracy due to bracing.

josta59 wrote:Combat seems different, more geared to the individual soldiers rather than the fireteams as far as damage taken. I kind of like that.

That hits on the head where my head was at....in Stargate SG1, there was more of a feeling of individual initiative on the team members...even the grunts. They are more like Special Ops, where though they are a team, they fight anlmost individualistic with specialties.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Draft 3.

Changed Gone to Ground with a +1 drm (thanks, Scott!!!)

Changed ranges for the more powerful weapons...the distances were too far, necessitating HUGE dioramas. I'm still not sure the Goa'uld Heavy Cannon and System Lord hand device are too heavy on FP rating....6 FP is pretty high.

Stargate SG1 Miniatures Game DRAFT v3.pdf
(351.07 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Return to “Proving Grounds”