Adventure solitaire ideas

Project Development Area for Member-designed Wargames & Components

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

josta59

Re: Adventure solitaire ideas

Postby josta59 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:23 pm

What Twelve Man Combat needs is an actual interaction between your 12 men and women in combat (all the face cards) and your combat cards (all the non-face cards). I'm thinking the first 4 face cards you turn up will be the team available to you right now, and then you can combine them with the first 6 combat cards in advantageous ways. For example, if you pair a face card and a combat card with the same suit, it should get you extra winning power.

Now it's starting to feel a little more like a customizable card game, but one you can play with a couple of standard decks. Just need to figure out how exactly it would work.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: Adventure solitaire ideas

Postby josta59 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 am

Yesterday I found a card game called Ascension that seemed interesting but turned out to be pretty boring. So I spent a few hours tweaking it until I found it very exciting as a combat solitaire game. It felt kind of like seeing how long you can last in a jungle full of guerrilla fighters. Kind of Rambo-ish. I'd like to write up some core rules if I can find some time this week.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Return to “Proving Grounds”