Dystopian Wars

Future Battles

Moderator: Whiterook

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Dystopian Wars

Postby Chrisd » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:27 am

I am very interested in this game. yes its a miniatures game but you can play land air and sea. the main starter kits are naval with air support. They also have infantry and armor too. It supposed to take place before WWI when they find alien tech in Antartica and thus the battle begins. I do not know if some of you have picked up but would like to hear more from you about this
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dystopian Wars

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Feel free to write on this topic, it's naturally. a recurring theme in the Jules Verne/H.G. Wells tradition of Victorian-Era Science Ficiton. Related to Steampunk; Space 1899, and other turn-of-the last century epics...
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:55 pm

It does look a really good game, a lot of the guys at the club play it, but it is the usual situation, I can`t afford to start another syetem so have been avoiding trying it. The mini`s are fantastic, and the core rules are simple to pick up. The basic box set you get for each faction is balanced for use against the other box`s.

I really love the first game Spartan produced, Uncharted Seas which gave a basis for all their other rulesets.p
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I'd like to hear more on it, as well.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:20 am

I hope this work but here is the link for you Whiterook. I am definitely going to be investing into this game. http://www.spartangames.co.uk/games/dystopian-wars

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:54 pm

I really like the German fleet, the US one is quite cute with all it`s paddle wheel ships, but I don`t like the Japanese one, they look too much like one of our kids tv programs, Thomas The tank Engine, for my liking.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Holy buckets!!!! Now THAT is some cool stuff! I've too many other systems invested in currently and planned, but, this may cause a dent in the wallet in time. Since my last post on this, I noticed a game store a few towns over...whose email list I am on....has mentioned interest in the game.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm

the details on the mini's is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. still haven't played it but should be having a friend Demo it for me next week I believe?

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Some of the smaller craft looked like the Romulan Bird of Prey from TOS (original series)!

"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 pm

50th wrote:Some of the smaller craft looked like the Romulan Bird of Prey from TOS (original series)!

They don`t look like any D Wars stuff I have seen, are they possibly from one of the other Spartan Games games, Firestorm Armada, a space combat game with the basically same rules as D Wars and UnCharted Seas?
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “SciFi/Fantasy/What-if”