DUST Tactics

Future Battles

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

DUST Tactics

Postby Whiterook » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 pm

The world of DUST (Fantasy Flight Games) presents WWII in a form not seldom seen in a miniatures venue....and alternate "What if?" look at not only the war going in as it was known to the world at large, but also a totaly different covert tangent on the side, with weapons and forces with awesome powers....the with the added treat of Alien technology turing things on it's head!

I thought I'd start a thread that introduces the actual miniatures involved in this game!

DUST Tactics is a separate game from the DUST board game ...this ramps up the battles into the world of miniatures on a separate boardgame; and coming soon, a book on taking it another level up into a purely miniatures world. This is a pretty cool concept, really.....somewhat like what Wizards of the Coast did with the old Axis & Allies boardgame in moving it also into Axis & Allies Miniatures. The difference from what I can tell is, the DUST series stays pretty true and close in its rules and mythology (back-story), as opposed to A&AM Miniatures being a totally different game than it's boardgame bretheren.

It all starts in the miniatures realm with the DUST Tactics Core Set

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Product Description:

1947. The Second World War rages on. Unfathomable artillery machines march across the globe, leaving a wake of destruction. In Antarctica, a secret research base forms the center of a covert battle between Allied and Axis forces.

Based on DUST comics world created by Paolo Parente, Dust Tactics introduces an exciting, alternate vision of WWII, with amazing machines, roughneck grunts, and stalwart commando leaders, each dedicated to the cause, patriots in the war for world domination.

This boxed set comes with two, ready-to-play armies, as well as a scenario booklet and modular board.

Note that this boxed set is soon to be replaced by a new core set, updating the system. The way I look at it is, these first issues are like wargaming GOLD! Not only do you get important pieces for your OOB, but you also have a limited run item that will surely increase in value over time. I really should buy at least one left in shrinkwrap un-openned....yeah, that'll happen....NOT!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DUST Tactics

Postby Whiterook » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 pm

The Medium Panzer Walker

4.jpg

Unit Description:

The Axis’ Medium Panzer Walker expansion contains one walker that can be customized to various types – including the Axis’ newest tank: the Lothar! Included are all the parts you need to field either a Luther, a Ludwig, or a Lothar.

The model Pz. KpfL. D is affectionately nicknamed “Lothar” by the Axis troops. Its enemies, however, don’t share the same affection. The recognizable shape of the Lothar provokes fear in any soldier who sees it. It carries a formidable armament of Nebelwerfer missile-launchers on each arm, and can deliver a deluge of fire to fill the battlefield with destruction. The missile racks are big enough to carry an incredible number of rockets, and can strike from great distances on the battlefield.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Medium Assault Walker

7.jpg

Unit Description:

For the Allies, the Medium Assault Walker expansion contains one Allied walker that can be customized to multiple types – including the Allies’ newest walker: the Steel Rain! Altogether, the Medium Assault Walker expansion delivers all the parts you need to field a Pounder, a Hot Dog, a Mickey, or a Steel Rain.

The Medium Combat Walker M2-F, or “Steel Rain,” is a mobile dispenser of mass destruction. Although its mighty rockets don’t leave any space to carry the .50 cal, and the weight of the frame and the artillery shells prevent “Steel Rain” from jumping over obstacles, these minor drawbacks are overshadowed by an impressive armament. Its 4.2’’ rockets can set sizable areas of the battlefield aflame and annihilate the enemy, and its massive mortar fires explosive shells weighing 20 kilos each!

8.jpg

9.jpg

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Wow! Those look impressive!!!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 am

50th wrote:Wow! Those look impressive!!!

They are pretty darned impressive! They come unpainted, though you can buy the "Deluxe" set that has them professionally painted. To be honest though, I much rather paint them myself, as they then become personalized (and heirloom quality).

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:39 am

Light Panzer Walker

10.jpg

Unit Description:

Axis players will want to expand their armies to include the new Axis Light Panzer Walker, whose body can be customized to either Heinrich or Hermann, both offering advantages for any Axis general to bring onto the battlefield.

With one of the most deadly weapon systems seen since the beginning of the war, Heinrich can crush an entire squad with its four powerful cannons and engage enemies from a great distance.

The Axis' newest light footed anti-tank robot, Hermann, has a revolutionary laser cannon. Find Hermann a secure position and use its sustained fire to waste any Allied armored unit.

11.jpg

This is an individual unit per box, with multiple models available to choose from. Buying these individually allows you to customize exactly what you need fr your OOB, which I like. The price is a tad steep but I think you get what you pay for, at around $25 USD a pop.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 am

Light Assault Walker

12.jpg

Product Description:

An Allied general, desiring glory on the battlefield for himself and his nation, must bring the best of the best to the front lines. Dust Tactics: Light Assault Walker expansion – featuring two new walkers: Wildfire and Honey – provides players with a multitude of advantages.

Created by Allied scientists, Wildfire's dreadful weapon system will be a match for any Axis weaponry. The four heavy machine guns that top this light-weight robot fire simultaneously, delivering a deluge of firepower that lights up the darkest battlefield. Axis infantry and light vehicles will fall under the cloud of bullets that Wildfire strikes them with again and again. Eager for a speedy offensive? Use this Light Assault Walker’s high mobility and incredible agility to take a careless enemy by surprise.

There is nothing sweet about Honey except for its name. With a new next-generation phaser weapon system, this anti-tank is ready to erase your enemy from the board. With its superior system that can even engage heavy targets, Honey is an ideal vanguard of any Allied offensive. Want to blast your enemy with synchronized attacks? Honey was made to cooperate with other Allied troops, like Recon Rangers. Unify the strike by using Honey to attack the armored targets, while you have other Allied units fight against the Axis infantry.

13.jpg

I think I like the looks of this one more than the Light Panzer Walker....my opinion.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Special Ops Rangers

14.jpg

Unit Description:

The Allies Special Ops Rangers expansion contains figures and cards for both a sniper squad and an observer squad. These highly trained units specialize in frustrating their enemies from afar whether by picking off individual targets with high-powered rifles or by providing coordinates for artillery-bearing units.

Crack Shots have the devastating Sniper abiity and can individually pick their targets... officers beware!

13 Foxtrot observers best kept off the front lines can use their Artillery Strike ability to provide useful coordinates to friendly walkers.

This expansion contains two units consisting of two figures each for a total of four figures.

These guys bring some highpower firepower to the party. They, as al the miniatures not in the deluxe edition, come unpainted, so they are fully customizable any way you want!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Special Ops Grenadiers

16.jpg

Unit Description:

Wield the deadly precision of expert snipers and the superior tactics of long-distance observers with these miniatures!

The Axis' Special Ops Grenadiers are deadly squads formed in response to recent devastating losses at Stalingrad.

The Sturmgrenadiere Sniper Squad, secretly trained by the Blutkreuz Korps in the heart of the Black Forest, use a highly specialized weapon: the Sniper Gewehr.

The Sturmgrenadiere Observer Squad (also known as Beobachter), like their Allied counterpart, is adept at collecting the coordinates needed to guide a devastating artillery strike.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Rangers Command Squad

15.jpg

Unit Description:

With The Boss, an Allied Rangers Command Squad, you’ll gain a new level of control over your Dust Tactics forces.

The Boss has the Command Squad ability, making it indispensable in overseeing your other forces. Their exceptional motivational skills even allow them to reactivate units that you’ve already used! What’s more, both squads have the Artillery Strike ability, meaning they can serve as spotters for any friendly tank armed with Artillery (as described in the Artillery rules in the Operation Cyclone Campaign Expansion)!

The Boss is a squad of Allied officers, and they’re on the battlefield to ensure that every order is perfectly executed. Like other Rangers, the Allied Command is equipped with assault rifles and a machine gun, but their real strength lies in their ability to coordinate the attacks of other units. Known for its powerful leadership capability, this unit is a high-priority target that must be protected at all costs. But used wisely, they’ll tip the balance in your favor!

Return to “SciFi/Fantasy/What-if”