Deadzone

Future Battles

Moderator: Whiterook

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Deadzone

Postby Frank » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Got my first chance to watch a game of this Monday night, my game of Ronin finished a bit early. It was `t my fault, the club had obviously been burgled, someone had stolen all the spots off my dice :( .

I had watched a few minutes before but thought it looked a bit complicated, loads of cards, tokens and d8`s but it does work quite well. It`s another game by Mantic who are bringing out some really good games

http://www.manticgames.com/games/deadzone.html

The box comes with everything you need to play, 2 forces, all the tokens, cards, dice, a 2`sq gaming mat and some really nice clip together plastic terrain.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deadzone

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:08 am

Mind if I use the burgled pips bit? Love it!!!

On the game, man, I think the Enforcers are too cool! And the 3-D game mat is brilliant. If I weren't already into DUST Warfare, I'd seriously consider this. As it is, I am treading thin ice with the missus as far as diorama space is concerned!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:00 am

Mantic are really doing some good games at the moment, they have a lot of the the old Games Workshop people working for them which does lead to accusations og ripping off, but most of these guys were the ones who originally came up with the rules in the first place andare now not under any pressure to change them every few years so as to sell new rule books. Kings of War being a prime example. Some of the terrain they are bringing out is really good as well, the clip together idea makes things very simple.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Well, having a corps of ex-Games Workshop designers is one heck of an advantage to have!

I agree with the implied disgust comment of having to change rule books continually just to make a buck. In some companies, it is soooooooo obvious.

These folks on the other hand sound like a great group of game producers!

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm

They have done some good games, and produced some very nice mini`s and I do like the idea of "a game in a box" as with Deadzone.

Some of their Warhammer compatible minis are great, their Zombies and Ghouls are far better than GW`s and just over half the price, not too sure about their High Elves though, I think they look like they are break dancing :lol:
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Dey gotz da mooves!!!!

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:16 am

Whiterook wrote:Dey gotz da mooves!!!!

Dey sure do.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... elves.html

Their Ghouls and Zombies, Grave Stalkers, are very good though

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... ndead.html
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “SciFi/Fantasy/What-if”