Total votes: 0

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

WarGods of Olympus Kickstarter

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 pm

WarGods of Olympus: Mythology Miniature Battle Game
by Crocodile Games
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game

Our friends at Crocodile Games has been working long and hard on their next installment in the WarGods line, this time tackling Mount Olympus, the Demigods and the Titans...and skillful armies to do battle on an epic scale. They have started a Kickstarter for funding the new edition...see the link above.

This project will only be funded if at least $25,000 is pledged by Sunday Jun 30, 5:05pm EDT.

Many of you know that I am using their WarGods of Aegyptus miniatures in my own designed Stargate SG1 miniatures game. I can attest to the fact that the line of miniatures produced for this line are first class sculpts and quality. Though my SG1 game utilizes its own set of rules, the ruleset for the WarGods line is dynamic and first rate.

One of the many things I love about WarGods is the interchangeability of the editions. As mentioned on the site, you can play a Spartan warband lead by a Demigod of Ares, to fight against a Harbinger of Anubis to control the Aegyptian Underworld! OK....how cool is that?

Here's a challenge: Let's see how many people we can get to make a pledge to support the project! Show your support, or that of someone you get to make a pledge here in the poll.

Also, please share the link on the Kickstarter with your friends, game clubs and groups, and other forums you are on. I fully support this line and would love to see it come to fruition!

The Game World:

WarGods of Olympus is the 3rd game in [Crocodile Games'] expanding game world. The first was WarGods of Aegyptus, based on Aegyptian mythology, and the second was the Wendigo Warband Guide, based on the legends of lost Hyperborea. All of these games share the same basic rules and take place in the same world – they are designed to be played against each other! So, if you play a Spartan warband lead by a Demigod of Ares, you can fight against a Harbinger of Anubis to control the Aegyptian Underworld!

More than anything, WarGods was designed for gamers who enjoy creating a cool story when playing the game, not just winning. The rules reward real tactical play, not rule-breaking gimmicks and unstoppable heroes. The background is a fascinating mixture of real mythology and historical cultures with an innovative fantasy twist.

If you've ever watched and enjoyed old adventure films with Greek heroes battling against stop-motion monsters, WarGods of Olympus is the game for you!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: WarGods of Olympus Kickstarter

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:19 am

The miniatures are attractive........

"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Return to “SciFi/Fantasy/What-if”