Combat Storm - 2nd Edition Rules

Postby Whiterook » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Combat Storm - Wargaming with plastic army men
By Strategy Wave Studios, $29.99
Scale: 54mm (1/32)
http://www.combatstorm.com/

image.jpg
image.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 1648 times

Want to take your Green and Tan Plastic army men to a whole new battlefield?

Introducing COMBAT STORM, the table-top strategy wargame that uses Plastic Army Men as game pieces. The Combat Storm 2nd Edition Rulebook contains complete step-by-step instructions for playing the game with two or more players, including many helpful examples throughout to help illustrate the gameplay

image.jpg

Rules for two unique armies, each army having their own specializations and tactics:
* The United States Army
* The People's Coalition Front

Rules for 10 different classes of soldiers for each army:
* Riflemen
* Support Infantry
* Snipers
* Medics
* Sergeants
* Grenadiers
* Supply Soldiers
* Forward Observers
* Demolitions Experts
* Anti-Armor Soldiers

Rules for Special Forces Soldiers

Rules for 4 different vehicles:
* Main Battle Tank
* Light Tank
* Mobile Artillery Vehicle
* Air Defense & Ground Support Vehicle

* Air Support Rules (Helicopter Missile Strike & Bombing Run)
* Head-Shot Rules
* Prone/Crouching Rules
* Suppression Fire Rules
* Blast Weapon Rules
* Terrain Rules covering all types of basic land that battles may take place on
* Cover Rules for when soldiers take cover behind objects

A unique weapon upgrade system that allows players to further customize their soldiers' weapons and equipment before going into battle

Army-building rules and point system

8 all new missions, each featuring a detailed map, a mission briefing, and tactical objectives as well as the "Total Annihilation" game mode

Command Sheet to keep track of your squads, weapon upgrades and equipment

Quick Reference Guides

Plus much more!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also, as a purchaser of Combat Storm Second Edition, you will also automatically become a member of the exclusive Combat Storm "Green Beret Community" which grants you access to the Combat Storm Player's Portal where you can get access to the Online Combat Storm Army Builder as well as Hi-Res "Print & Play" Tokens.

Green Beret Community Members also receive special discounts on future Combat Storm and Strategy Wave Studios Products!

image.jpg
image.jpg (25.6 KiB) Viewed 1648 times

They also have a 100% cash back guarantee for 30 days. That's actually amazing for this industry, IMHO!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Green Commander
Private
Private

Re: Combat Storm - 2nd Edition Rules

Postby Green Commander » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:51 pm

This is my go-to set whenever I get a chance - by using the wide range of troop classes, you can get really creative with scenarios. The only thing I didn't like were the print and play tokens provided with the game, so I made my own set. I can email or upload to the site if anybody wants them.
Never forget that your real adversary is the dice.

https://armymenwargaming.wordpress.com/

Green Commander
Private
Private

Re: Combat Storm - 2nd Edition Rules

Postby Green Commander » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Or, I could jut post a link to the files for the tokens. They are designed as one-inch circles. I print these, punch them out with a one-inch circular scrap-booking punch, then use a glue stick to attach them to 1 and 1/8 - inch washers. They are indestructible!

My tokens are different from those supplied for the game. I wanted a less Arabic feel for the PCF forces, so I went with the ubiquitous AK-47 rifle as their symbol. I didn't bother making specific vehicle tokens - I just designate a squad counter to a vehicle. I also didn't bother with heavy or light reload tokens, as there seems to be no difference between how they are used in play. I used a bunch of royalty-free artwork and derivative work from other images, so no actual Combat Storm artwork was used.

Token Sheet 1: tokens for prone squad, reload tokens, single and triple wound tokens, single and triple vehicle damage tokens

https://armymenwargaming.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/cstokens1.pdf

Token Sheet 2: squad tokens, special forces designations, activated tokens and triple wound tokens

https://armymenwargaming.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/cstokens2.pdf

If you decide to use any of them, please let me know how it worked out, or if you need any tokens that aren't supplied!
Never forget that your real adversary is the dice.

https://armymenwargaming.wordpress.com/

Return to “World War Era”