Flames of War V-3 (3rd edition) will be out Feb 2012!!

1905-1945 (WWI & WWII)

Moderator: Whiterook

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Flames of War V-3 (3rd edition) will be out Feb 2012!!

Postby TRDG » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 am

Its official folks from WI (Battlefronts monthly mag they have after buying it out a few years ago) Has a small blurb/add in the latest issue. And in a web cast they announced it as well, the kicker here is that IF you bought a 2nd edition book (looking at you Em, LOL) THEN you can get a free paper mini copy of the new rules when it comes out in Feb.

The hardbound book will be out in March or April of 2012.

Cheers, more when I have some extra time!!

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Flames of War V-3 (3rd edition) will be out Feb 2012!!

Postby Frank » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:10 pm

You beat me to it :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_WRPM9pY3dA&feature=youtu.be

All I have to do now is find out how we get the book when we don`t have a local dealer.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Ya I got mine the day V-2 hardbound came out (yes and the paper copy before the HB book), the game store does not do FoW anymore..... But another one has a dealer who just started, vender ordered only though,,GULP may place my first ordr for Grey wolf and Russian comp and some lajpanzer 70s soon !! ha Ha. No idea what hoops I will have to jump over to get my (pre HB) soft copy.

Cheers, I am more than a bit worried how changed up it will be, new Hen and Chick, new half-track assault rules for the Germans, medium motars now direct fire capability, point changes to be in line with V-3 nation rules, basic fixes, and many other things I bet, a whole different game from some perspectives........

LOL, Em just bought V-2 beleave it or not a couple days ago!!

Tom

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:04 pm

DBA is coming out with a 3rd edition as well.... I don't have the hard cover edition of FoW as of yet, though my brother picked one up a bit ago so he could do the Vietnam scenarios
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 am

So you should be able to pick up your brothers copy then Frizz,

and about V-3 info.......

1.png
Man the game is changing more than from v-1 to V-2 it seems, sort of......

Make what you wil about it, not sure myself if I like these changes and god knows what other ones are in the mix.....

Cheers, comments, yelling, screaming or bowing down in thanks to BF "goodness", all would be accepted here in a post or two!!

Tom

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:42 am

I played WH40K during the first and second editions.... liked the changes in the second edition, when they went to version three... I bailed.... shouldn't have invested in the Squats so much...

For FoW, I bought the "Das Book" supplement, so I'd only need a hardback for aesthetics....

I haven't acquired any of the new Normandy compendiums... as of yet, but will have to...
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Most of that seems to make sense, with the exception of the air rule, I take it that means that you now automatically get the 1 plane if you range in meaning you have to re roll hits, at the moment, as I suffered from laser guided bombs in my last game I am all in favour but when I calm down I might re think. Re doing the can`t attack because you have a dug in/gone to ground spotter within 16" is a rule I think they could do with dropping. Still, it won`t be long until we find out, will it.

Frizz,
I sympathise about the sqats, it`s bad enough when an army gets trashed in a new version, but to just disappear is wrong.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:49 am

Hey frizz, all bets are off as ALL the books BUT the newest Eastern front Comp books will be OUT OF DATE.

More than a few changes so not sure how well Das will work out after the change, but you never know. I'd skip the Normandy copm until you see what ALL the V-3 changes are as the national rules seem to be changing as well in some respects.

Cheers, I'll pop in my own take on the leaked new rules sometime in the next 3 nights.

Tom

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:21 pm

"Das Book" was pretty much outdated as it was released..... they have revised engineer rules published after the release of DB...

I'm usually hopelessly outdated on any game system I play anyway...

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:33 pm

The more I see about things stacking up in V-3 rumor mill the more different a game it is going to be...

Cheers, I may just stick to V-2 the way things are going from what I have read lately.....

BIG CHANGES ahead

Cheers, BIG SIGH!!

Tom

Return to “World War Era”