Cleopatra And The Society Of Architects

1200 BC-1095 AD (Greek & Roman Wars)

Moderator: Hagen

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Cleopatra And The Society Of Architects

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 am

Cleopatra And The Society Of Architects is another gem from Days of Wonder. This is another game that breaks traditional boundaries, the players do play against each other, but the first person who wins, is the loser, and gets fed to the crocodiles! The game is set up where you are an architect, competing agains others in your field to build as many pieces onto the temple as possible. You can be honest, which may take you long to build, thus building less pieces, or be corrupt and build faster and more pieces, but you earn "Courruption tokens". The person at the end of the game with most corruption tokens gets fed to the crocodiles and the person with next higher amount wins. You want to be gutsy, but not too gutsy.

Here are some component shots -

Cardboard Corruption Pyramids, Cards, Tokens, Tiles, Gorgeous Wooden Dice

This is known as the "Quarry". Where you go to get your pieces for the temple

Temple Courtyard & Rooftop

Player Aid Cards & Rule Book
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cleopatra And The Society Of Architects

Postby Whiterook » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I've seen this game on the shelf and it always makes me stop. It's gorgeous looking first of all, but beyond that, I love the concept. It speaks to me on several levels!!! I believe this is a 3 or more person game?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Cleopatra And The Society Of Architects

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:43 am

Yes, you need three or more people to play it, but there is a rules variant out there for two people. I picked it up over at BGG.com

But this game truly shines with 4 or 5 people from what im told. This is another game i bought at a time when i thought i was going to have more people around to play games with. Alas i have to kiss major butt now just to find one player anymore.....
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Return to “Ancients”