Shadows Over Camelot

1096-1499 (Crusades, Hundred Years' Road, War of the Roses, etc.)

Moderator: Hagen

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Shadows Over Camelot

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 am

A great game by Days of Wonder, the same makers of Memoir 44, this game and its two expansions are a twist on the traditional style of game play. You dont play against each other. You play to beat the game itself. From what i undestand its about a 50/50 shot as to who wins. Especially as there is a good chance one of the knights of the round table is a traitor working to sabotage the rest of the knights! This is an amazing game that should be in every ones collection. Its in mine and it kills me i have no one to play it with. You need a minimum of three players. Everything about this game, like all Days of Wonder games, is top notch and very well made of great materials.

Here are some shots of my game and its components -

Stunning minis, High quality cards, Good and Evil Swords, Beautiful Wooden Dice

Each knight gets his own card, Record track for the Holy Grail - Good - Evil

Black Knight & Lady of the Lake Quest Boards

Main Quest Board

Quest Book & Rule Book

I purchased hand pained knight minis for the game
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shadows Over Camelot

Postby Whiterook » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Holy Buckets! That is a beautiful looking game...love the mini's yes, but all the components look amazing. I'd love to play this one too!
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:33 am

It is an amazing, beautiful piece of artwork in and of itself. As a game, it gets rave reviews everywhere.

You should DL the rules and check them out. Im sure you like it. Its not an entry level game like M'44, but its no Avalon Hill game either. Its an evenings gaming session time wise. Well worth it IMHO.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

wuxia
Private
Private

Postby wuxia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 pm

I own this one as well. It is a wonderfully produced game for sure. This is the kind of game you can get anyone to play. Great theme people are familiar with. It really uses simple cards with numbers for its core game play. Runs, sets, and the like. There are many other cards to break and bend the rules. Winning different parts of the boards "adventures" will win you white swords for the round table. The traitor mechanic adds to the fun, not knowing if the player next to you is working against the rest of the knights. Suspicion grows as the game nears conclusion.
Highly recommended.
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. Plato ...

HamsterGirl
Private
Private

Postby HamsterGirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm a huge Arturian fan so, this one may be right up my alley!
Submit!

Return to “Medieval Era”