Site Admin

Green Berets: Vietnam

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Available from Strategy & Tactics Press
https://shop.strategyandtacticspress.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MW18
$35 USD

image.jpeg
Modern Combat magazine #18 cover, Jul-Aug 2015

A solitaire game from Eric Harvey, contained in an issue of the Modern War magazine.

Green Beret: Vietnam sets the Wargamer in the Central Highlands, prior to and during the Vietnam War. Your objective is to lead your team of Green Berets on a variety of randomly generated missions, choosing the weapons and equipment best suited for that specific mission.

image.jpeg
Components

The trick is, this is a Stealth game....

The weapons and equipment you chose must not expose your team! You are a clandestine force that is set to the daunting task of disrupting the enemy, while not being discovered and exposed by the enemy; in other words, of the upper brass hears you're causing Holy Hell in the jungle, you're value is shown as 'Not the way we do things in the Army!"

image.jpeg
Counters

image.jpeg
Counters

You decide on how to posture your team, plan your approach, and a method of extraction....all while ensuring you do not cause escalation of combat which will require your team to require help from the Cavalry! If the US military must divert regular combat units to your area to quell enemy activity, the value of the Green Berets will be called into question by upper Brass...and that ain't good for no one!

image.jpeg

This looks like a cool little game!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

gocamels
Private
Private

Re: Green Berets: Vietnam

Postby gocamels » Thu May 05, 2016 12:55 pm

This is a neat little game. I have really enjoyed my few plays.

The second game in the series is in Modern War #21, Kandahar: Special Forces in Afghanistan. I'm hoping to pick this one up soon.

Return to “Cold War Era”