1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact is a strategy game, based on potential Cold War conflict just after the Stalin’s death. With nuclear power in the hands of both sides, will there be the possibility to end the world as we know it?
This is framed as potential World War III action, with the hypothetical conflict between West and East. You can take a command over the whole alliance, or just focus on leading single country or combination thereof. The game introduces the historical forces and economical potential in post war Europe, and a number of events which might actually happen if such conflict would arise.
- A huge campaign map spanning the entire European theater with more than 40,000 hexes and massive armies with hundreds of units.
- Epic Campaigns covering the entire war, starting from 1953
- Play solitaire, in which you can take the lead over two opposing factions
- Use Diplomacy points to influence the war readiness and war entry of neutral nations. It’s even possible to cause coups, changing the governments completely, or to control your own nations' ambitions for war.
- Technology system with 5 areas of research: Upgrade obsolete units to modern weaponry.
Invest in the atomic bomb and destroy your enemies' will to fight ...or just evaporate their cities!
- Play as any country, or any combination of countries with the AI controlling the rest. Fight the war as just the UK or maybe you fancy your luck as Romania, Hungary & Bulgaria! 30 playable nations.
- Fog of War, dynamic weather, supply and many other factors give player realistic decisions to make throughout the war.
- Use your resources to buy new units, repair, maintain and upgrade them, to research new technologies, invest in strategic movement, naval transport and amphibious landing craft.
- Use strategic weapons to damage the enemies infrastructure.
- Use convoys to keep cities and armies supplied.
- Detailed & historical orders of battle with historical names for hundreds of land, air and naval units for full immersion.
OS: Windows Vista
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 800 MB available space
Processor: 1.8 Dual Core
Memory: 4096 MB RAM
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 1200 MB available space