Moderator: Duncan

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:25 am

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm...

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/471/details/Flashpoint.Campaigns:.Red.Storm

A new PC game from Matrix Games, and it looks AMAZING!

From your battalion, regimental or brigade headquarters you will lead the men of the most powerful militaries on the globe at this time, two steps removed from the forward edge of battle. Direct the combined-arms battle across the breadth of a battlefield with day/night cycles and weather effects. Compete with the AI or other players around the world through Play-By-Email or direct connection. Reach into the enemy's depth with air, artillery, chemicals and tactical nuclear weapons. Blow bridges to delay or span rivers with the help of the combat engineers to open a new thrust axis. Seize and maintain the initiative through a unique comparative simulation of the organized chaos inside NATO and Warsaw Pact tactical headquarters.

Some screenshots:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And don't forget to LIKE their Facebook page!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm

Postby Double Deuce » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 am

I have been playing this for the past few weeks and am loving it. Honestly, its the only PC game I have been playing now. For me its the perfect scale (Panzer Leader/PanzerBlitz) but Modern era.Could use a few tweaks and addons but seems that they are working on it. They have been very responsive to user input. Hoping to see this game go far.

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

DEMO - Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm

Postby Double Deuce » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:28 am

For anyone interested, it looks like they have a sort of demo out now and a custom install that is incorporated with a contest over at GrogHeads. for the content you could get $$ credit at Matrix Games.

GrogHeads has partnered with On Target Simulations and Matrix Games to bring a fantastic year-end shootout, with a chance to win some excellent prizes from Matrix Games and the GrogHeads prize vault.

GrogHeads Strike Back! The Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Contest

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey, that's pretty cool! I just looked at the site and rules. The great thing to me isn't so much the chance to win prizes (though that don't hurt!), but to be able to trial run playing the game to see if it's my style gig. In that, it's a win-win!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:07 am

Yeah, its a custom demo with just one scenario but its the full game, not a cut down version. If you are a modern ear wargamer, I highly recommend trying it. To me, its a PC version of Panzer Leader/Panzer Blitz but modern (1980's Cold War). They have plans to expand the time frame, hopefully back to WWII, with the WWII and Korea era's, they will be reducing the hex size to 250 meters.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:05 pm

New patch is out. I love this game.

Return to “Cold War Era”