Mr. '80s Warfare

1989-Present (Post Vietnam)

Moderator: Whiterook

josta59

Re: Mr. '80s Warfare

Postby josta59 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 am

KG_Panzerschreck wrote:Ill definately play Firepower with you. I need more time to get my new home in order and to dig it out and re-read the rules, but i promise you we will be playing in a few months.

Very cool! I'm in the middle of my first solitaire skirmish now, just using the basic rules, and it's a blast!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I`m in, let me know when you are ready to start.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

allanm

Postby allanm » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:20 pm

I've gotten interested in the Central Front series recently, I wanted to see how a system at a finer scale would compare to a higher scale, such as Third World War Battle for Germany. Unfortunately that site at iinet seems to be defunct. Could you email me a copy of that set you got?

Sincerely, Allan

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi Allan, looks like Em just posted them in the Quonset Hut section. I'm out of town right now, so that's your best bet for the next couple of days. Let me know if there's anything missing that I might be able to provide.

Scott
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

allanm

Postby allanm » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Just the stuff I was looking for :-) Thank you very much!

I've gotten the map from the vassal module and the counters from boardgamegeek, I just have to do a lot of printing and slicing and dicing now.

I've never played these things over the net, maybe someone could get me started? I'm a bit hobbled at my end though, I'm limited to access from a library and I doubt these machines are allowed to run any programs I try to load. I could transfer files though on to a thumb drive and then onto my machine at home, though it's a bit under memoried for vassal. It runs, but clunkily.

I've seen there's quite a large number of posts about the game series at consimworld.

Anywhere I can find the original rules for the series? I'd like to compare the two systems. Didn't Clauswitz or somebody like him write about warfare in terms of friction? Is that what the original rules tried to emulate?

Sincerely, Allan

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Yes, I have the original rules and can send them tomorrow. Send me your email address in a private message. I just started reading them recently and still haven't tried to play the game. I've noticed several recent videos about it online...there's a group who's been actively playing and reporting lately.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Man, you ain't kidding that's a HUGE map/file! :shock:
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Modern & War on Terror Era”