Looney Labs- Pyramids

Future battles

Moderator: Whiterook

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Looney Labs- Pyramids

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun May 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I picked up this set for my wife as a little Mother's Day Gift....

The premier game from this set was easy to grasp and each session played in minutes.... My pre-school niece could comprehend it......

The Pyramids come in different sets and varieties of games can be played with just the contents of a given set or by adding common components from other games.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Looney Labs- Pyramids

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon May 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I stopped into Ravenstone and picked up the green "Treehouse" set which has one "Rainbow Stash" of Pyramids (whereas the "Ice Dice" had two) but also contains the "Treehouse" and a cloth "Pharaoh" game board......

Seems to be a really nice system of Beer & Pretzel games....

http://www.looneylabs.com/our-games
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm

There are even more variants for play........

World War 5 It's like Risk, but takes only one tenth as long to play; WW5 is a world conquest game played on a simplified world map using pyramids for the pieces!

Martian Coasters is a set of four 4" game board beverage coasters, useful not just to play the "Where Can I Put Down My Beverage?" game, but also a pyramid game which is a zany little race across an ever-shifting grid of colorful squares!

http://store.looneylabs.com/Web-Store/Pyramid-Products

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Pink Hijinks
Pink Hijinks is an elegantly simple yet surprisingly deep strategy game for 2 players. The special die determines which piece you get to move each turn. Will you be the first to fill your row with 3 of the same-sized pyramids?

Picked up this set for half price today.... it's a fun quick playing version

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

These look like a lot of fun. I will be on the look out for them.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 am

These are great "Gateway Drugs" into non-traditional gaming... some of the games are as simple Tic-Tac-Toe, and play about as quickly... there are "meatier" games to keep those looking for more of a challenge....

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 pm

I was about to post an article on these, until I checked to make sure I hadn't done this previously.....

Looney Labs site for the Pyramid games is as follows http://www.looneylabs.com/looney-pyramids

Pyramid Primer #1
Hundreds of games have been developed from the Looney Pyramid game system. In Pyramid Primer #1, we have provided full sets of rules to 13 of them, allowing you to expand your pyramid gaming experience. If you've already got IceDice, Treehouse or pyramid stashes, then this newly designed publication of pyramid game rules is perfect for you!

Pyramid Primer #1 contains 13 games designed by Andy Looney, Kristin Looney and John Cooper.

IceDice - Treehouse - Pharaoh - Launchpad 23 - Black ICE - Zark City - Caldera
Martian Chess - Martian Coasters - World War 5 - IceTowers - Homeworlds- Icehouse

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 pm

This is col stuff!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 am

Looney Labs have a talent to design game full of surprise!!!
I own Looney Labs' Fluxx and Chrononauts, two fun card games full of interaction between the players: well designed as fun and very easy to understand game, good to "lure" non-player into gaming.
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Additionally, the pyramids can serve as markers/tokens for other games.......

Many of the games can be played in a few minutes.....

Return to “SciFi/Fantasy/What-if”