BattleTech

Future battles

Moderator: Whiterook

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: BattleTech

Postby Chrisd » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:51 pm

I miss those campaigns sadly the guys I play with now really don't want to get involved but keeping it only to the mechs.
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I will be playing classic Battletech with friends tonight. Took a long time to find my stuff, (in storage closet). I found all but 4 miniatures, and just the ones I need! Still looking, I have one hour left! I will posts pictures after the weekend. We will be playing today and tomorrow. We will be play-testing the scenario I will be running at a local convention coming up in June.

Had to do some reading to get caught up again on the rules. I think I'm ready, still looking for mini's.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 am

Well, we had our game and my friend Mike and I lost. The scenario was this; clan Ghost Bear had to get a vehicle to the city of Brunelle with the pay of the government workers inside. The vehicle was protected by two Shamash hover vehicles and an assortment of mechs including; two Ullers, a Shadow Cat, Vulture, Mad Cat, and a Diashi. The mercenaries had eight Savannah Master vehicles (of my own design, replacing weapons), an Uller, two Blackhawks, a Dasher, Puma, and a Koshi. The maps were as follows; one of the canyon maps, scattered woods, and residential city map. We started out in the canyon, figuring that it might provide some protection. In the first couple of turns, my opponent swung a masc equipped mech and four of the Savannah Masters around the other side of the canyon to cut off our escape route. I cut off the back side of the canyon with my Shamash vehicles so that they couldn't close in the back door and surround us. I got the first kill of the Dasher and one of the little 5 ton Savannah Masters. But they managed to strip the weapons off one of my Ullers. After a tactical mistake by yours truly, they managed to get one of the little Savannah Masters with its two ER Small Lasers around to disable the truck with the cargo. I've been having trouble with my camera lately, so I will put pictures up when I can (and get time). Good game, poor planning on my part. I should have kept my vulture at the canyon exit to keep the enemy from swinging through the canyon. But I was thinking of the old adage, "movement is life"! When I play this scenario at the convention, I will not make the same mistake!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 pm

This game is really about tactics and strategy. And even though I have been playing this game for as long as I have...the tactics and strategy change.

On another note my friend they are planning a time jump to the year 3250 I am actually pretty excited about this. When they did the Jihad and the Dark Ages I was very disappointed in it. Never read anything about the Dark Ages and heard mostly negative comments about it.

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Sorry guys my necromancy is too great right now... but for those of you who have played or are interested they have released a brand new box set. The plastic mini's are so much better than the original intro box set from a few years ago. Sadly though its still the same mechs :(

Return to “SciFi/Fantasy/What-if”