1905-1945 (WWI & WWII)

Moderator: Duncan

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tank on Tanl coming to PC/MAC and iOS

Postby Whiterook » Wed May 04, 2016 10:58 pm

The cat's out of the bag! :D

David Heath and company announced on Facebook that their light Wargaming title, Tank on Tank, will be coming to PC and MAC, and then iOS tablets later this year!

Jo Bader....the man that brings us the HexDraw map making software, has been working on this for some time, of which I've had peeks thereof, and it is a marvelous addition most especially to tablets (more so than PC/MAC, IMHO). I'll definitely pick up the iPad version when it's out.

here are some screenshots Jo provided on FB.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Re: Tank on Tanl coming to PC/MAC and iOS

Postby Duncan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:10 am

I've been playing it a little. I ended up getting the baordgame versions as well. It's a really nice break from the usual complexity. The back of the box says 'on the light side' and that is an understatement. I need to grit my teeth when I see the difference between a Sherman and a Tiger is movement, defense, and range. Nothing about hitting power. But what a really nice change from Advanced Squad Leader, War in the East, and such. A couple pages of rules, a good selection of scenarios, and it can be played in under an hour on a coffee shop table. And I love the big counters. I wish more games had pieces this large.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tank on Tanl coming to PC/MAC and iOS

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:32 pm

I agree with everything you mention, and I have the same feelings.

I got in on the ground floor with the original design (see... http://www.militarywargaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=61&sid=37d14c2817e6b3c8e95218f5c45a48f7)

That one makes an excellent travel game! :D ...small, compact; and for the very reasons you elaborate perfectly on, it's low complexity rules and small mapboard make it perfect solitaire in the room, or at the bar.

As to the game, I think you have to go into it with an expectation akin to a good game of RISK, Stratego, or the old Tank Battle game....a Tiger is DEFINITELY not a Tiger, and a Sherman is blessed with God-like powers; doing battle against each other is more n maneuver, and damn-lucky dice. I have heard the words more than once, 'WTF'. :lol:

I suppose there could be a way to rebalance things with drm's, but I've not been motivated enough to think that through :D ...especially for the King Tiger...I mean, to quote a great American sports announcer: 'Common', man!'
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “World War Era”