Anybody play Band of Brothers

1905-1945 (WWI & WWII)

Moderator: Duncan

gocamels
Private
Private

Anybody play Band of Brothers

Postby gocamels » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:08 am

I recently acquired in trade both of the currently available Band of Brothers games. How many people here have played them? How do they compare to LnL or CoH?

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anybody play Band of Brothers

Postby 50th » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:16 am

I've never heard of this. As a fan of the book and the series, I am interested and will do some searching.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:35 pm

I've not played it but I did see it on VASSAL as a mod (....and I think I may have downloaded it with hopes of finding the rules one day). Please let us know what you think of it!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

gocamels
Private
Private

Postby gocamels » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:48 am

Will do. I should have them sometime early next week.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:13 am

I've done a little looking into the Band of Brothers games and I like them! I don't own either yet but plan on getting them....I may give them a go on VASSAL (I downloaded them and the the rules).

As to the original question here, and keeping in mind that I haven't played them yet: I think BoB compares along the same lines of both Lock 'N Load Tactical and Conquest of Heroes, in terms of modern takes on WWII combat in the vein of systems with enough teeth and grit to challenge the typical Wargamer, without getting too into the weeds like an ASLer.....

Given this non-anal approach (which I VERY much like and enjoy), I would place it in a rating scale, under LNL; and perhaps level with CoH. And don't get me wrong....that's HIGH praise for all three, as I think they are all critical *owns* for your Wargaming library.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “World War Era”