This game really has my attention!

image.jpeg
Heroes of Normandie

http://shop.iellogames.com/p/heroes-of-normandie
About $70 USD

HEROES OF NORMANDIE

image.jpeg
Components

It is summer, 1944. The sun shines on Normandie hedgerows. Gentle wind, fields of bright flowers, and in the background, the romantic staccato of machine gun fire in the morning. In these typical French countryside landscapes, thousands of men are about to fight. And die. Bravely like heroes, or cowardly like wussies. But only heroes really matters. Those you see in Hollywood classic war movies. This is where Heroes of Normandie draws its inspiration; here is what the game has to offer: explosive and fast-paced battles; the pleasure of destroying your enemies with streams of hot lead from your MG42, or crushing nazi bastards under tons of mortar shells... Basically, blood and guts and glory!

Heroes of Normandie is a new, fast-paced WW2 strategy wargame inspired by Hollywood war movies. This is a tactical scale board-game for 2 players, each commanding their own armies. The Germans on one side, the Americans on the other. Players deploy their units, secretly plan their attacks and try to outwit their enemies by blocking their strategies and surprising them. One thing’s for sure: there's no turning back!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Heroes of Normandie

Postby Whiterook » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:16 am

I like that it takes a little spin around Hollywood war movies....it even has Oddball's Sherman tank from Kelly's Heroes!

Tactical gaming that is reminicent of miniatures meets board gaming. Plays on squares instead of hexes. Tons of references on the markers and even on the map, so it looks like it'd take a bit to use the included chart to get used to what marker on a counter means to another, but it appears easy enough to learn in a few games. I'm especially intrigued with the necessity to use suppressive fire to pin the enemy while you move something in for the kill....very realistic in combat terms, and bloody good fun!

Gorgeous graphics...even the art on the player cards are amazing....the cards add Fog of War.

Another interesting component is bringing a little of Block gaming into the picture, where you only have so many orders to give....represented by small blocks you lay on end so your opponent doesn't know what is moving next....and you even have some blank 'bluff' blocks!

Maps are hard card and double sided....and geomorphic to give many terrain options.

Also uses a points system, where you build your force....looks like 70 points is the common mark.

I think this is a cool game. From what I can tell, there are expansion modules to add more vehicles and other goodies. This is a good one to check out!

Whiterook. Out.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “World War Era”