Card stock terrain

General Miniature Wargaming Talk

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Card stock terrain

Postby Frank » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:18 am

There is a site that does some pretty good looking paper terrain in various sizes, including some designed specifically for the new All Quiet on the Martian Front game.

I have some of their 6mm buildings which have a lift off outer building revealing an inner ruin underneath.

Http://www.paperterrain.com
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Card stock terrain

Postby Hagen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks for the link! While I have never tried paper terrain products I have made up paper buildings I found on the net. All for 6mm, I glue them to cheap paper plates, cut and fold and for the most part am happy with the results. What I like about these is the slip under ruins. That's pretty cool.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 am

They do work well, the 6mm ones I have are quite old and are stiff paper more than card but they are fairly rigid, and with the inner ruins, you can if needed use both doubling your amount of terrain if needed.

I never knew where they were from as I got mine together with a load of 6mm stuff from another gamer.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 am

The Higgins boats look cool! And they have a partially submerged Higgins boat for those that took a hit!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 am

I suppose that the good thing about the paper stuff is that there is almost no storage required, they just print up stuff as needed so they can have a large range of designs..
Gandalf the Grey

Kaddo

Postby Kaddo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:06 pm

I've bought some downloadable print-and assemble 28mm stuff from WorldWorks, they're quite nice.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:30 pm

They do look really good, a very varied range.

http://www.worldworksgames.com
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:58 pm

Kaddo wrote:I've bought some downloadable print-and assemble 28mm stuff from WorldWorks, they're quite nice.

This looks awesome... The WorldWorks Games' The Pharoah's Decent may be an answer to another utilization of my WarGods's of Aegyptus, which are 28mm mini's. Also, for other battles for my Stargate SG1 game, also 28mm

Sounds like that would work? The only problem I have with the site (http://www.worldworksgames.com) is that I don't really see the scale-of-mini's-used mentioned, though 1" tiles would put it in that working area.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Kaddo

Postby Kaddo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:59 am

And since you print them yourself, you can always scale the picture up or down a bit before printing, say to go from 28 to 25mm.

Green Commander
Private
Private

Postby Green Commander » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:57 am

There are some free downloads of papercraft terrain on the Combat Storm website: a brick wall, half, wall, cargo container, a car, sandbags, buildings, a dumpster, and a free building pack. There are other paid downloads on that page, also.

These terrain items are scaled to 1:35, but you can print them at half size to use for 1:72 games. Here's the URL:

http://combatstorm.com/download.html
Never forget that your real adversary is the dice.

https://armymenwargaming.wordpress.com/

Return to “Miniature Wargaming Discussions”