Gaming disasters

General Miniature Wargaming Talk

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Gaming disasters

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:27 pm

To be honest I think it was more that the rest of the band just snuck off, I mean, who in their right minds wants to be in a warband with a leader who will be firing his pistols by sound not sight.

I remember a few years ago my mate playing a Pit Fighter warband, basically escaped gladiators from the WarHammer races who had a Dwarf, starting movement of 3" who having got a few skills was a close combat monster, but, unfortunately owing to an injury had lost -1 movement, and then later when he got exactly the same result was left with a VERY ferocious dwarf with movement 1". Fine in a defensive scenario but completely useless in an attacking one :lol:
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:22 pm

There is nothin...and I mean NOTHING worse than a ferocious dwarf. .....trust me.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:56 am

I very nearly asked how you know that, but then I thought, "do I REALLY want to know?" :roll:
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Frank wrote:I very nearly asked how you know that, but then I thought, "do I REALLY want to know?" :roll:

Wise. Wise.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 pm

With age comes wisdom.

Or so I am told, I`m still waiting. :roll:
Gandalf the Grey

Kaddo

Postby Kaddo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:48 pm

This happened to a friend, not me.

I was teaching some friends to play Silent Death (I'll make topic about this game), they were organized into two teams and I was the ref. We had some asteroids on the map, and the rule was, at the very end of the turn all the asteroids moved one space in a set direction. If you flew into an asteroid, you were destroyed.

So my friend maneuvers his ship into a spot next to an asteroid where he can take a good shot at the opponent, destroys his opponent's ship, and then stops celebrating when the asteroid crashes into him at the end of the turn.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:38 pm

It`s surprising how often the terrain can cause more problems than the enemy. :lol:
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Miniature Wargaming Discussions”