Sarissa Precision buildings.

General Miniature Wargaming Talk

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sarissa Precision buildings.

Postby Frank » Sun May 28, 2017 6:16 am

I have just finished putting together the factory bundle that our club bought at a games show.

http://www.sarissa-precision.com/Indust ... 56673.aspx

This is my first Sarissa kit and I don`t think they are as good as the 4ground kits but they are a fair bit cheaper and would be ideal for a lot of terrain on a crowded table as opposed to a centrepiece building. The basics are the same, tongue and slot construction but with these the interior is card not MDF. The windows worked fine, just a grid, the small doors were not too bad but the bigger vehicle/industrial ones do not seem very strong. They are semi cut from the card insides with two uncut pieces as hinges, I ended up reinforcing them with clear tape as I ripped through one hinge cutting the join between the doors and I am not sure how they would last without that. The roofs just rest on the card inserts which does mean that you do have to make sure that the sides fit together properly, the two story building had the middle floor with a tongue on each of the long sides which fit into a letterbox type slot. I did glue a bit of MDF under the slots and the floor did sit a lot better, I glued a piece in each corner for the top floor as well.

The kit was very monotone so I put a dark grey wash over the roof and woodwork which made it look better. Unfortunately the larger doors warped a bit as the card soaked up the paint.

The 4ground doors have usually caused a LOT of bad language as they are fairly fiddely, with a top and bottom lintle with a hole in that has to be glued into place while keeping the pins on the top and bottom of the actual door in place in the lintle but they are a lot better than these.

These are good kits, just not as good as the 4ground ones.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sarissa Precision buildings.

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon May 29, 2017 8:51 am

Interesting..... I used to make my own buildings from matte board.... but as time is not as available, these laser-cut buildings and scenery. If i'm not mistaken, the cardstock used in these buildings is a heavy cardstock, not flimsy.

I enjoy assembling these types of buildings, they certainly help to make a game table stand out.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sarissa Precision buildings.

Postby Frank » Mon May 29, 2017 1:10 pm

The majority of the building is MDF, it is just the insides of the walls that are card and they are a fairly thick, rough card, a bit like blotting paper which just absorbed all the liquid in the paint. It is fine for the windows which are glued in all round, and the people doors, it is mainly the bigger ones that are potentially problematic.

They are good kits though for all that, and not too bad a price.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Miniature Wargaming Discussions”