v2 German army book.

Discussion subforum for Bolt Action

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

v2 German army book.

Postby Frank » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Just got my pre-ordered copy today :D , have not had a chance to have a proper look but it seems to have all the new units that have come out since the original book was released.

It also has some new national rules, we still have Hitlers Buzzsaw (+1 shot for lmgs) and Initiative Training (the chance to promote a squad member if the nco is killed). The new rules are Blitzkreig, this lets your officers activate 1 more unit than than the norm so, for example, a 1st Lt can activate 3 units not 2 like other armies.

There is also Tiger Fear, this applies to vehicles that could be mistaken for a Tiger like the later model Mk iv`s and Panthers. This gives enemy units the effect of +1 pin if they can see the tank so they have to pass an order test to activate even if they have no actual pins. The only exception is if the unit is firing at the tank.

One thing I was expecting to change that did not is that the Mk iv is still just a few points more than the Stug despite it having the advantage of a turret. The Stu H is still quite a bit cheaper than the basic Stug as well despite the upgraded HE rules making it a real infantry killer.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: v2 German army book.

Postby Frizzenspark » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:19 am

I'm with my son in Washington State, I'll leave him my V.1 copy with his new SS Army; I'll pick up another, since they'll be on sale. We havent upgraded to V.2 yet, but we`ll do so in short order.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:05 pm

By pre-ordering I was able to take advantage of free postage, and, also get the free mini, a wounded soldier being helped by his mate. They are in winter uniform so will not fit in that well with the rest of my force so i will have tohave a think about what to do with them.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Sometimes it's hard to resist the bonus miniatures, sometimes it's not.

Patience will usually give me a slight discount after the fact.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:42 am

I was not particularly bothered about the free mini, but with postage over here being £4 that was a saving I was quite happy to get. There are a couple of the guys who are doing a winter themed force who might be interested in a bit of barter.
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Bolt Action”