Bolt Action, Tank Wars

Discussion subforum for Bolt Action

Moderator: Frank

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bolt Action, Tank Wars

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:58 pm

It seems that you've sold me on this.... I actually have several "tiles" from playing DBA... I also have a few buildings.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:12 am

It is quite a good add-on for the main game, I do love the basic games emphasis on infantry plus limited support, but it is nice to just throw a load of tanks on the table at times. :lol: I also really like the campaign aspect it brings in.

You should also, I hope, be able to find it reasonably cheaply as well, buying it here from Warlord is £15 plus postage but I got my copy from an on-line supplier for just under £10 delivered which I think is a great deal.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:06 pm

I expect my copy any day now from "Half Price Books"
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:05 pm

The "half price" bit sounds good, does anyone at the club you go to play this?
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:53 am

The local group almost insists on this... In the recent game with my son using Chindits and Gurkhas, we were swarmed by many Japanese tankettes. We had only a Lee Tank, a Daimler Armoured Car, and some Universal Carriers on our side....

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Frizzenspark wrote:The local group almost insists on this... In the recent game with my son using Chindits and Gurkhas, we were swarmed by many Japanese tankettes. We had only a Lee Tank, a Daimler Armoured Car, and some Universal Carriers on our side....

Ouch!! Any chance you can persuade them to go 15mm so you can fight on even terms?
Gandalf the Grey

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:16 pm

I've started assembling 15mm BA armies out of my FoW Collection.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:18 pm

The book arrived today; randomly opened it... it landed on "The Battle for Imphal" page.. a good omen for my Chindit army.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Well, thats it then, you can`t argue with fate.
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 am

It looks like we have some interest in a small campaign of this, almost certainly in 28mm. It would be good to use 15mm as I have a lot more armour for that but I am the only one who has any so we will probably go with 28.
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Bolt Action”