Bolt Action

Discussion subforum for Bolt Action

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bolt Action

Postby Frank » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:57 pm

My 30cal from them looks really good, it is a repositioning pose which is a bit different to all of my other mg bases.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Frank wrote:I have a game next Monday, 13th, and I am not sure yet if I will be Yanks or Gerries, I will have to finalise soon so I can get the relevant A T gun at least base coated.

I love the Marder model, it just has so much more character than the later fully enclosed T D`s.

Which Marder model is it? I prefer the Marder II based on the Panzer II over the Marder III based on either the Lorraine or the Panzer 38t chassis.

This was at the Patton tank museum in Ft Knox, but has since been moved to Ft Benning Ga. due to the base closings some years ago.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:20 pm

I got this one...

I have the BTD German MMG walking crew which I got on a double-secret 75% off sale....It is impressive especially for under three bucks. The static firing team is good as well. I expect good things from the American set.

I didn't realize the Patton Museum moved to Fort Benning; it makes sense, I guess, since the Armor School moved there as well.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:16 am

Nice looking kit. As I said before, just so much more character than the later box shaped t d `s.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:46 am

That's the Panzer 38t chassis version. It was made from a Czechoslovakian tank design. There were actually several different versions of the Marder III. One design has the gun mount and shield to the rear of the vehicle (Ausf. M). What you have there looks like the Ausf. H model. Check it out on wikipedia.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

50th wrote:That's the Panzer 38t chassis version. It was made from a Czechoslovakian tank design. There were actually several different versions of the Marder III. One design has the gun mount and shield to the rear of the vehicle (Ausf. M). What you have there looks like the Ausf. H model. Check it out on wikipedia.

Yeah, it's the one I wanted, served in North Afrika and all points beyond; I'm leaning on an Italy focus for the bulk of my forces. Seventeen bucks and no shipping and handling fee, makes for a bargain TD.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Chunked down fourty Dollars and four cents on some BTD Americans; technically, I have two extremely-well supported small Infantry squads. bought four packs of rifles (two squads of eight), a mortar, a.30 cal machine gun, a bazooka pack, and a "Characters" pack four packs of rifles four packs of other.

This was more like dipping my heel in, on the next order I'll need at least two more rifles, a pack of BARs, a pack of SMGs (trying to decide on either Thompsons or Grease Guns.. I've actually fired a Grease Gun). I'll likely order the Warlord 57mm (six-pounder) and Command set from NWS.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:46 am

Made a miniscule pre-payday order from NWS since theylre mimicking the Warlord President's Day Sale. I ordered an American 57mm Anti-Tank Gun, and the HQ unit.

I have a plethora of 57mm AT guns; (PBI support, Para, Desert Rat, that I'm modifying for Chindit, and now the American). I ordered the HQ set, since it appears that BTD does not have a Medic; I was spoiled by BTD's British and German Medic/Stretcher teams.

I will await a follow up sale to round up my American force; I have a Lee Tank, but I'd like to add a few more items. I have a platoon of oversized 1/48 scale Sherman tanks ( I mean they seem larger than the stated 1/48; they were six-bucks each) The M-8 Scott seems interesting, I`ll want an armoured car and probably some trucks.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Black Tree design had a President 's Day, which precluded me from finishing out my American force; then they extended it to Thursday at Midnight, since they're in Central time, I had an hour of Pay Day to make my purchase. I authorized them to hold my previous order until they could fulfill the more recent order; both shipped today minus only the character pack from the previous order. I suspect that the orders will possibly arrive on the same day next week.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:37 am

Thanks to the NWS Half-Off Sales, I will have an American Force for around One Hundred Bucks. I'll want to add an Armoured Car, some halftracks and trucks. The Halftracks could probably double as transport for my Canadians.

I will likely not create any more armies for Bolt action, just add and modify the ones i already have. My Russians are mostly still on the trees, I'm debating about replacing them with BTD Russians.

Return to “Bolt Action”