Bolt Action

Discussion subforum for Bolt Action

Moderator: Frank

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bolt Action

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:54 am

Wish i could find my Camera, the kit is really nice; if you had one Sherman to add to your collection, this would be the one I'd suggest. I haven't had a chance to work on it very much; My Daughter-In-Law was in from Washington State for one week, and the Missus was into some heavy Boardgaming this weeek.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 pm

I have just picked up 4 of the Lledo die-cast vintage trucks up for £1/50 each in a charity shop. I have heard people say about these on various forums and they do look quite a reasonable match if a touch on the small side. Considering the vast amount of vehicles that the Germans used they will go quite nicely as smaller trucks rather than full size lorries.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:25 am

I got a £10 off voucher from Warlord which I put towards a Pioneer Wagon and a US 1/2 track. Both were the newer plastic kits and while the M3A1 was ok and looks good now it is base coated it was not that great to put together. I started in the order it was shown in the assembly instructions and found that I had put the driver a bit too far to the left and had to break him loose to get the side doors on :roll: . The rear passenger compartment was a bit the same with it all needing glueing at the same time so as to make sure I had the movement to get everything fitting together as there was no real indication of just where everything went.

The Pioneer Wagon was much better, it was obvious where everything went and a lot simpler to put together. It is the basic 1/2 track with metal gunners and PZB 41 gun. Also plastic engineer stuff inserts instead of the regular seats and a couple of assault bridges that just slot over the sides. All highly detailed and it looks great.

Warlord now have a 25% off sale for some items so a couple of the guys and I are seeing if we can get enough ordered to qualify for free shipping as well so I have added an M8 /20 Greyhound to the list
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Bolt Action”