Duncan's Squad Leader Screens

Discussion subforum for Advanced Squad Leader

Moderator: Duncan

Duncan

Duncan's Squad Leader Screens

Postby Duncan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:48 am

This is a game called Tigers on the Hunt by Matrix Games. It's almost a direct rip off of ASLSK. The game graphics are terrible and I have added a Squad Leader skin. This mod is hugely popular. This scenario is called KV Trouble. My Russians must hold the building and protect the immobile KV tank. Here is a fairly important melee in progress. I think this is all that is left of the Germans now.

Duncan

Re: Duncan's Squad Leader Screens

Postby Duncan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:50 am

You can't see the building. It is two hexes south west of the MMG.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:31 am

Friday night ASL.
Slovaks against the Hungarians.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Very cool! The "Tigers on the Hunt" indeed looks pretty rough, graphically...I'm in awe of your ability to add a skin to it. I'd have no idea how to do that, outside of the one I did for this site.

I like the Friday Night ASL game...do you play a game every Friday night? ....I actually like that concept a LOT! I also note that you've got the new ASL board down...do you own the whole re-issue on ASLSK style maps?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:29 pm

Someone else created the Tigers on the Hunt mod. You just need to paste it into the graphics folder. Easy peasy.

I own a lot of ASL stuff. I sold my 1ed HASL stuff a couple years back and regret it now. But I have all the modules, Action Packs, Special Ops etc... I am purchasing the second edition modules as they appear. I may or may not get the Korean War module. I really want it but it's about $180CAD after exchange and shipping. Maybe if I get some overtime while it's still on pre-order.

There is a guy who hosts ASL every Friday locally. There are perhaps a dozen of us and usually four of us show up. I make it about once a month. The guy who hosts has two or three copies of everything and travels around to the tournaments in Canada and the U.S. We also have a local guy who organizes a three day convention that includes an ASL tournament every year. I run a small Up Front tournament. And another gent I see every few months for some face to face games. We play Panzer next week. So, about once a month I get in a face to face game of some kind plus VASAL every couple days.

Another AHIKS member and myself are playing all the modules we both own chronologically using Vasl. I am the Axis and he is the Allies. We are in game six with the score at Jeff 3 to Duncan 2. Only a few more thousand scenarios to go. :lol: This is really good for me because I can learn the more esoteric rules without holding up the game like I do in face to face play.

Return to “Advanced Squad Leader”