The Fall of Carentan: Hill 30 (LNLT, Heroes of Normandy)

Storage Bunker for Member-made Scenarios

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Fall of Carentan: Hill 30 (LNLT, Heroes of Normandy)

Postby Whiterook » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:31 pm

This is a scenario I designed, which has been picked up by Lock 'N Load Publishing. This is a scenario for Lock 'N Load's, Heroes of Normandy game.

The Fall of Carentan, Hill 30 sneak peek.jpg
The Fall of Carentan, Hill 30 sneak peek.jpg (343.42 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

Obviously, it is only a peek, and the scenario has more pages of units, placement and so on.

The morning of June 12th, 1944, finds Carentan, France, in an Allied pincer that reached almost full encirclement. Most of the towns’ German defenders managed to get out town the night before the encirclement to the south was complete, with covering units left behind. On the southwest side of town, at Hill 30, Colonel Sink, commander of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, ordered 2nd Battalion commander, Colonel Strayer to attack at 0600 hours.

Starting out toward Carentan astride a main road, and facing ranged-in enemy artillery fire at a junction where two highways out of town joined, being the critical junction between Utah Beach and Omaha Beach; Company E, 506th PIR, under Lt. Richard D. Winters flanked his Company to the right, wiping out this remnant of resistance within an hour.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Fall of Carentan: Hill 30 (LNLT, Heroes of Normandy)

Postby 50th » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 pm

Very cool Em, I also have scenarios that have ended up being published in books, The Memoir 44 strategy and tactics book has several of my scenarios, and the latest ebook in the series about armor has one or two. I have three Tide of Iron scenarios on 1A games web site for download. It's a pretty cool thing. Someone compiled a list of the best 100 scenarios (or maybe it's 150) for Memoir on the Scenarios from the front website, and no less than twenty six of mine are there. Awesome!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “The Depot”