Operation Nightwind (LNLT, Heroes of Normandy)

Storage Bunker for Member-made Scenarios

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:10 pm

This is a scenario I designed, which has been picked up by Lock 'N Load Publishing. This is a scenario for Lock 'N Load's, Heroes of the Pacific game.

Operation Nightwind sneak peek.jpg
Operation Nightwind sneak peek
Operation Nightwind sneak peek.jpg (363.6 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

Obviously, it is only a peek, and the scenario has several more pages of units, placement, SSR's and so on.

The setting is the Pacific Theater of Operations, on the island of Ngesebus.... a small island just off the northern coast of Peleliu. During the Battle of Peleliu, which transpired between September 15, 1944 – November 27, 1944, the tiny island of Ngesebus was occupied by the Japanese who had an airfield and artillery positions.

This scenario takes place roughly four months prior, with a combined ops mission made up of special units made up of US Marines and US Army Infantry. Their mission is to destroy communications operations between the two islands; destroy artillery emplacement construction under progress; and get out alive!

The mission takes place in two waves...the 1st starting at 2am with a sub-drop, and the American units making their way on to the beach, hiding their rafts, and working their way to the radio hut targets. A second wave will come in at dawn, to destroy the artillery emplacements under construction.

The scenario employs many Special Scenario Rules (SSR) to allow the Allied players a LOT of latitude to do nasty stuff! I mean, they're special units, right!?!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Supercool, Em!!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Operation Nightwind (LNLT, Heroes of Normandy)

Postby Whiterook » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:58 pm

josta59 wrote:Supercool, Em!!

Thanks, Scott! :D It's really neat to see something I put together get published. I'm very excited to be working with an established wargame company....especially my favorite, Lock 'N Load Publishing. Since 2007, this has been my Number 1 game (Heroes of Normandy, which used to be Band of Heroes); as well as anything LNLP really, as I own pretty much the whole line of everything they have :D 8-)
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “The Depot”