New Scenario: Battle of Cisterna

Storage Bunker for Member-made Scenarios

Moderators: 50th, josta59

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Scenario: Battle of Cisterna

Postby 50th » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:26 pm

I have been working on a new Tide of Iron scenario: Battle of Cisterna. The First,Third,and Fourth Ranger Battalion, along with the Fifteenth Infantry Regiment, moved out from the beaches of Anzio toward the Italian city of Cisterna. They didn't know that they Germans were aware of their plans and had set up an ambush. Out of over four hundred men, only six made it back to the beaches. The others were caught or killed. Here is the scenario after initial set up:

The plan was that the Rangers would be decimated before they could reach their target, like what happened for real. The reality is that they were tough and reached their target:

So at least I know that in the scenario the Rangers can win, but the idea is that they don't. Interesting!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Scenario: Battle of Cisterna

Postby Whiterook » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:34 am

Interesting scenario!

It brings up one of the most interesting things I like about Wargaming: Can you alter history?

That's a ground-level tenet on many wargames; and indeed, designers/manufacturers tout their games boldly with these exact words. They often dare you is asking, 'Are you a better Commander?'

For your scenario, if it were me playing, my greatest interest would be whether I can get my boys back to, and off thee beach after securing the target. Per your recounting, most were killed or captured....that, to me, would be my goal in playing out your great...and I mean GREAT scenario!

Great job, Ron!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “The Depot”