Battle of Smolensk

Storage Bunker for Member-made Scenarios

Moderators: 50th, josta59

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Battle of Smolensk

Postby 50th » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 am

I have been at it again, designed a new scenario for Tide of Iron. It is from 1941, and is the battle of Smolensk. Actually the battle takes place South of the actual city, in a couple of villages. Here is the board after set up:

In the first four or five rounds, the Germans were winning:

But in the end, the Soviets received their reinforcements before the Germans, and started to even out the score:

In the end, the Russians won;

I would like to play test this one more time, to make sure the Germans can win. They got some bad rolls when their tanks shot a couple of times. And of course, the Soviet tanks did very well on their rolls.
I left the destroyed tanks in place so that you could see what was destroyed.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Duncan

Re: Battle of Smolensk

Postby Duncan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

I never got into miniatures. One reason is that I prefer maps over 3D terrain. This looks pretty interesting though. A bit like Memoir '44 (I've never played) or Commands and Colors.

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Battle of Smolensk

Postby 50th » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Duncan wrote:I never got into miniatures. One reason is that I prefer maps over 3D terrain. This looks pretty interesting though. A bit like Memoir '44 (I've never played) or Commands and Colors.

I also play Memoir, great game that is simple to play and only takes about 30 to 45 minutes to play a scenario. There is a version of it where you can play with four to eight players in about an hour to two hours.
Standard Game:

Overlord Game (4 to 8 players):

There are Winter/Desert boards for battles in those environments:

"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “The Depot”