Tank Assault at Singling Scenario Development

Scenario Development R&D, Discussion, and Advice

Moderators: 50th, josta59

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tank Assault at Singling Scenario Development

Postby 50th » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Last week I played the "Fire Action at Singling" scenario of Memoir 44. Here is a picture of that scenario set up:
IMG_3676.JPG
Left flank

IMG_3674.JPG
Center Flank

IMG_3675.JPG
Right Flank

I know that there is already a Tide of Iron scenario covering this battle, but this scenario only used the base game and therefore didn't use Panther tanks or Jagdpanzer IV tank destroyers. I wanted the scenario to be more accurate, so I designed a scenario to be used with the Normandy expansion that gives you Panther tanks, Jagdpanzer IV TD's, and M10 Tank Destroyers. Here is a picture of that map set up so far:

Singling_1.JPG
TOI Maps

When I played this scenario, the Americans won easily. I will tweak it and play again. I'll show you any changes I made along the way.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tank Assault at Singling Scenario Development

Postby 50th » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:13 am

I also wanted to add that while the "official" Memoir 44 scenario for this battle uses the winter board and terrain tiles, most of the pictures of this battle I've found don't show snow, except one that says in the caption that it was taken several days after the battle. Here is a picture of several houses at Singling and a manure pile behind the houses (according to the caption).

Small unit action at Singling.jpg
Battle of Singling
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Operations Unit”