Musings Of A Gaming Butterfly.

Journal Area to Record Your Personal Story

Moderator: Whiterook

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Musings Of A Gaming Butterfly.

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Frank wrote:Looks like I might be getting back into Flames Of War, though by a rather roundabout route.

We are starting to play Bolt Action Tank Wars though it is not really practical in 28mm as none of us has enough vehicles to form a practical force without having to borrow stuff from other players so I offered to loan out some 15mm forces. One of the lads was interested in trying out gaming in 15mm so he has bought a v2 FOW rulebook for pennies plus postage and he is having a trial 800 point game tonight.

I'm interested to see how this will go. It is literally the first instance of hearing anyone, either playing FoW, or stepping back from BA to FoW. Though I know there are a lot of FoW die-hards out there still playing, it seems BA is the clear next-gen.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Musings Of A Gaming Butterfly.

Postby Frank » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:22 pm

It is working quite well. We have one guy who has just spent a fairbit of money on the Recon force I shared on the FB page, another guy who (like me) is a bit low on funds is slowly building a British army. At least a couple of the guys who have not played for a few years are stating to look through their stuff, good thing about playing an old version is that most of us have the relevant books, and if not they are a lot cheaper than the modern ones.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Captain's Log”