jostalog

Journal Area to Record Your Personal Story

Moderator: Whiterook

josta59

Re: jostalog

Postby josta59 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm

I feel like it's a popular system when I read about it at The Miniatures Page, but its presence elsewhere is fairly minimal. Not as many reviews or AARs as I would've thought. I'd love to get people playing it here.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi guys, I'm busy busy but wanted to quickly note some game ideas that I want to put into motion in the next year and change...

Falklands scenario of some kind
What-if scenarios at Niagara Falls and JFK Airport
G.I. Joe in Afghanistan skirmish scenario with 3 missions on 1 table

Possibly more I've forgotten...will update this post if I remember.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Here's a weird thought I've been having. If the best scenarios are so balanced that the outcome is 50/50...then why not just flip a coin and be done with it? Seems far more efficient...if not quite as fun.

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I hear you, I have a friend that hates to play unbalanced scenarios. But so many battles of WWII were unbalanced. How do you have a historical battle and be balanced? (I did write a series of articles on historical scenarios and balance, if you missed it, look for it). I really think not many scenarios that would be historically accurate would be balanced. When you take the elements of air superiority, ground unit types, equipment, ships, training of the troops, fuel and other reserves and leadership into account, they were unbalanced. But, could the challenge be to win when the chips are stacked against you? I have another friend that has done that time and again, sometimes with sheer dice rolling luck, sometimes with brilliant tactics, sometimes with a lucky draw of a card, sometimes because I missed a brilliant play that I could have done, but he has demonstrated that he can do it!

2011-02-26 020.jpg
Mike from 2011
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Captain's Log”