Command Con 2012

After Action Reports of Conventions Attended

Moderator: Frizzenspark

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Command Con 2012

Postby 50th » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Lately (November 9-11) I went to Command Con 2012 in the St Louis Missouri area. I ran my Memoir 44 overlord, as usual. The first game was with combat rules, and used 1:144 miniatures like the ones that Wal-mart used to sell in their toy area. Here is a few pics;

Here are the Russian SU 122's and T-34's of my unit:

Here the second tank had it's crew jump out (cardboard chit), and the third tank caught fire!

Here is a few pics of my pirate fleet on the right vs an English fleet on the left!

Here was an interesting WWII board game. The inverted golf tee's were used to keep track of hits. Plastic rings for each hit were placed over them;

Here is my Memoir 44 overlord game: (Battle of Kursk)

This picture is a D-Day game:

It was a good convention, a lot of fun. But they didn't have enough games scheduled for Sunday for me to stay. So I drove the hour from St Louis back to Washington Mo. (my wife was happy to see me early!)
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Command Con 2012

Postby TRDG » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 am

Good pics and looks like some cool games, how many people were there over the event, better than last year?

As to less games were there people to play Sunday or no games as there were less people?

Trying to get the feel of events and if they are keeping pace with previous years, and any new games that you saw?

Cheers, and the usual any FoW gaming? LOL

Tom

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:39 pm

They don't usually get a lot of games on Sunday. I think there were fewer people this year than last. But last year the con was in a mall, so we had mall traffic and visibility. There were only about three games on Sunday, one of those being Napoleans French army vs the English. (I like WWII and Sci-Fi games). There were about five to seven games per session, not a big con, but fun!

Here is another pic from the WWII boardgame I played:

Ship to Ship combat game:

"Fortress" game (don't know official name or rules system):

My M44 Breakthrough Ft Driant scenario:

French army vs English army (I think that's what it is because that is the only games this guy ever runs):

Although a small con, it is always a fun con, and they let me have an empty table when I get enough players to do a non scheduled memoir game!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Love the pics, too...especially the sailing ship and M44 games!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “CON AAR's”