Command Con 2014

After Action Reports of Conventions Attended

Moderator: Frizzenspark

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Command Con 2014

Postby 50th » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:09 am

Command Con is coming to St Louis this weekend!
It is a convention put on by the Big Muddy Historical Gamers Alliance, Big Muddy is a term for the Missouri River for those that don't know. This is a historical game convention and some years they have a theme. But, since their web page seems to be down, I can't find out what it is for this year. If anyone will be in St Louis on the weekend of November 7th through the 9th, check it out on Grissom road, which runs parallel to Page Blvd.
I will be there, as I am running a two map D-Day Landings Memoir 44 game on Saturday. I will take lots of photos and post some after the con.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Duncan

Re: Command Con 2014

Postby Duncan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:57 am

Looking forward to the pictures.
I know nothing about Memoir 44, other than it is very popular.

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:20 pm

I thought while we waited for me to go to this con, I would show a couple of pics from last year:

The first one is the WWI game I played in:

The next one is the Memoir 44 game that I ran:

And a Revolutionary War game I played in after finishing my Memoir 44 game:

In this game the inverted golf tees would get red rings place over them to mark causalities.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Had a great weekend!

I played a Raiders and Blockaders ship combat game of the Battle of Mobile Bay on Friday night:

I played my Memoir 44 D-Day Landings maps of Juno and Gold beaches on Saturday morning:

Saturday afternoon, I played this game of tank combat in Tunisia:

I played a WWII ship game on Saturday night based on a what if battle of Pearl Harbor survivors verses the Japanese fleet in Manila Bay:

All together, I had a great time!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Fantastic pictures! It's great to see pictures of people having so much fun, and the great games themselves; but it's even better with personal perspectives shared of what games our members at playing!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “CON AAR's”