Command Con 2013 St Louis Mo

After Action Reports of Conventions Attended

Moderator: Frizzenspark

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Command Con 2013 St Louis Mo

Postby 50th » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:57 am

Last weekend I made the trip into St Louis (60 miles) to go to COMCON 13. It was a three day gaming event. I met my friends, OJ and Warren there. OJ lives in St Louis, Warren in Quincy Ill. The first game we played on Friday was a Bolt Action WWI game. The first pic shows the units I commanded. The red chips are dead guys and the white chips are pin markers.

As I moved through the hedges, an artillery barrage took out a whole bunch of my guys!

As the battle progressed, we brought up one of the French tanks on this right flank as the German Elite reinforcements arrived:

We took all of the objectives on the left flank (which I didn't take pics of, sorry) and we only needed two of the three objectives, so we won. This was the only game I played on Friday due to having to leave after work to go.
On Saturday, we started with my Memoir 44 Juno Breakthrough scenario (not yet on SFTF).
The Germans won after my center flank cards ran out. I will adjust this scenario to add more British and Canadian reinforcements (which come in on turn four).

After Juno Beach, we headed over to the next table, where an interestingly simple American Revolution game was set up. We were waiting for a later gaming session, so we played two games. I won the first as British and lost the second as British.

The rings show casualties, which reduce your offensive dice.

Saturday night, after eating a McRib at McDonalds, we played a Bolt Action WWII game. This was the Allied units in tall grass at the start.

The Germans were set up on the road, in the large house, and what we didn't know, hidden behind the hedge rows:

The cotton balls were smoke from our mortar unit to hide our advance. The unit between the smoke took heavy casualties. We ran out of time on this game, but because the Germans only had a squad left in the building, we got the win.

This convention is put on every November by the Big Muddy Historical Gaming Alliance, which meets in St Louis Missouri. My friend OJ is a member, but you don't have to be a member to go to the conventions. The con was three days, but I drove back on Sunday to go home to my little house and wife. I stayed at OJ's house while in St Louis, and he has one of those computerized thermostats that he has turn off the heat at night, so I was glad to get home. Besides about the only gaming on Sunday is Napoleonic games.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “CON AAR's”