Duncan's other screen shots

General Board Wargaming Talk

Moderator: Hagen

Duncan

Duncan's other screen shots

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Here are pictures of my other games that don't have a specific MWF forum.

A Vassal match of Hell's Gate. This is a small game representing the Korsun Pocket in January and February of 1944. The game is a VPG production of a simple game that Philip Sabin published in his book Simulating War. A great game and a great book. Sometimes simple is best. We're on the last turn and I think it will be close. I am playing the Soviets.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Duncan's other screen shots

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:47 pm

That's really cool. It reminds me of those little postcard games that come in certain games and publications. I think Mike (Hagen) plays those postcard games now and then and I've often thought them as being perfect for travel.

I agree on the simplicity part. That's one of the reasons I like Tank on Tank so much, and probably why it has such interest for play here at the site....which reminds me, I should put out a call for players for some new rounds!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm hoping to end my dozen game losing streak with this one. Leningrad looks like easy pickings now.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 pm

That's really cool. It reminds me of those little postcard games that come in certain games and publications. I think Mike (Hagen) plays those postcard games now and then and I've often thought them as being perfect for travel.
I have a stack of postcard games that come free with ATO stuff. Lots of duplicates. If you want any just let me know. They are truly postcard sized. I have trouble reading the rules.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Duncan wrote:
I have a stack of postcard games that come free with ATO stuff. Lots of duplicates. If you want any just let me know. They are truly postcard sized. I have trouble reading the rules.

I might take you up on that :D

I admire your playing multiple systems, which brings to thought a new thread! ...I'll post it up next.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:51 pm

The advantage of Vassal Pbem is that I can play with the rules next to me and not hold up the game for the other guy. It makes playing multiple game easier. And like you, I have trouble managing schedules for face to face play. Once every two months if I am lucky.

Return to “Board Wargaming Discussions”